Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Baseball Regional Watch

Add topic

This is why I think a stadium upgrade for the baseball team should be of more importance than an upgrade to the arena. We consistently field a team that CAN host a regional but our stadium holds us back. I remember last year going to a game and asking AD Chun about if and when an upgrade is coming so that we can host a regional. All I got was "Eh, we're working on it". I get that baseball isn't as lucrative for us as basketball but if the Miami Heat can hold training camp there,  the basketball program is floating around in the abyss of irrelevance, and President Obama can make a major speech there, is the arena really that much more of a priority over an upgrade to the stadium? It's time we reward our best athletic program Mr. Chun! 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

This is why I think a stadium upgrade for the baseball team should be of more importance than an upgrade to the arena. We consistently field a team that CAN host a regional but our stadium holds us back. I remember last year going to a game and asking AD Chun about if and when an upgrade is coming so that we can host a regional. All I got was "Eh, we're working on it". I get that baseball isn't as lucrative for us as basketball but if the Miami Heat can hold training camp there,  the basketball program is floating around in the abyss of irrelevance, and President Obama can make a major speech there, is the arena really that much more of a priority over an upgrade to the stadium? It's time we reward our best athletic program Mr. Chun! 
Posted On: May 24th 2016, 1:24 PM #356319

But someone brought it up earlier. There is no money in Collegiate baseball unless its basically your primary sport. The team has been good for 10+ years now. Everyone agrees with you but with football and basketball the main money making sports priority will always go to them, unless say someone donates to the department and specifically request their donation be used for baseball, or softball.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I would rather be out west than have to beat the gators or canes twice.

Posted On: May 24th 2016, 1:13 PM #356318

Was thinking more like Tally…

:Smug:  :Laughing:  :Big-Grin:

(now that would be something else)
Back to the top

Rick said

DeltAlumnus said

I would rather be out west than have to beat the gators or canes twice.

Posted On: May 24th 2016, 1:13 PM #356318

Was thinking more like Tally…

:Smug:  :Laughing:  :Big-Grin:

(now that would be something else)
Posted On: May 24th 2016, 2:42 PM #356321

I would be fine going to Tally! 

USMCOWL said

LawOwl said

Posted On: May 24th 2016, 1:24 PM #356319

But someone brought it up earlier. There is no money in Collegiate baseball unless its basically your primary sport. The team has been good for 10+ years now. Everyone agrees with you but with football and basketball the main money making sports priority will always go to them, unless say someone donates to the department and specifically request their donation be used for baseball, or softball.
Posted On: May 24th 2016, 1:27 PM #356320

I'm convinced our basketball program will never make money. 
Back to the top

I believe it would be much easier to generate positive cash flow from the basketball program than baseball or football, just due to expenses.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

@Dusky.. I know a little about this as I am familiar with a U that has a solid football program but an even better basketball program. If you can pack the arena at the home game , with demand so high that the price point is pretty high, you are totally correct. This arena has a more than average capacity but it is still "the" ticket to have. The tickets have been hard to get for 25 years. But they are unique. As for the baseball team, they just got a brand new stadium on campus and have finally had some success this year.First time in years. But football Saturday ,at this campus, generates ridiculous money for the U and the community.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@Dusky.. I know a little about this as I am familiar with a U that has a solid football program but an even better basketball program. If you can pack the arena at the home game , with demand so high that the price point is pretty high, you are totally correct. This arena has a more than average capacity but it is still "the" ticket to have. The tickets have been hard to get for 25 years. But they are unique. As for the baseball team, they just got a brand new stadium on campus and have finally had some success this year.First time in years. But football Saturday ,at this campus, generates ridiculous money for the U and the community.
Posted On: May 24th 2016, 8:19 PM #356326

Agreed, the long term payoff is obviously football.  My point is just that  basketball is the easiest to turn around from a financial standpoint.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Today's the day…D1 says Tally. 

Let's Hope  they are right! 

Selection show is at 12:00 PM on ESPNU.

Below are the official site  locations:

Baton Rouge, LA  – LSU (42-18)
Charlottesville, VA  – Virginia (37-20)
Clemson, SC – Clemson (42-18)
College Station, TX  – Texas A&M (45-14)
Columbia, SC  – South Carolina (42-15)
Coral Gables, FL  – Miami (FL) (45-11)
Fort Worth, TX  – TCU (42-15)
Gainesville, FL  – Florida (47-13)
Lafayette, LA  – UL Lafayette (41-19)
Louisville, KY  – Louisville (47-12)
Lubbock, TX – Texas Tech (41-16)
Nashville, TN  – Vanderbilt (43-17)
Oxford, MS – Ole Miss (43-17)
Raleigh, NC– North Carolina State (35-20)
Starkville, MS – Mississippi State (41-16)
Tallahassee, FL  – Florida State (37-20)
Back to the top

I take FSU. Their pitching staff just gave up 18 runs yesterday to Clemson.
Back to the top

No Gainesville, or Tallahassee for FAU Baseball…

Eek.
Back to the top
Control functions: