Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: Charlotte vs #12 FAU - Apr 8th - 10th, 2016

Add topic

DeltAlumnus said

Disappointing series 

Posted On: Apr 10th 2016, 4:31 PM #355651
How about embarrassing UNCC Charlotte RPI was below 150.
We will fall out of the top 25 in most polls and killed any lead we had with USM or Rice.
These losses will haunt us. 
Back to the top

+1. Not embarrassing ,but yes to everything else.
Back to the top

every team runs into that team that causes them diffculty in a series every now and then. this weekend is charolette. Next time it could be Marshall or Southern Miss. Just the way baseball is.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

DeltAlumnus said

Disappointing series

We will fall out of the top 25 in most polls and killed any lead we had with USM or Rice.

Posted On: Apr 10th 2016, 4:42 PM #355653

Silent for months, but right there to pour salt on a wound after a tough weekend!
Back to the top

We will still be in most if not all polls. We have done well enough to withstand a 2-2 week, and are still tied (now with TCU) for the best winning percentage in the nation against the RPI top 50.
Back to the top

A couple things I'd never seen before.  None on and two out in the top of the 5th, Jarrett hits a triple into the LF corner, and all three umps ran to 3B. Nobody was covering the plate. Then, for the last out in the top of the 9th, the plate ump, didn't clear and instead threw a nice block on Frank, who had to sprint back and make an outstanding play on what should have been a routine FF2.

A couple years ago, we had a midweek game that should have been about 2:45 long take an extra 45 minutes to play while umps figured out where they should position themselves as they had no idea whatsoever they were doing out there. Just out of curiosity, I'm going to see if I can find that score sheet and see if there are any similarities. I know I wrote in my game notes about the umps' bizarre behavior that day. The good umps never show in my notes. The vast majority of the time, there is little noteworthy, perhaps nothing more than being meek with his strike calls (we have two that are very quiet and barely make any hand signals or are "front pumpers" instead of "sidewinders" when calling strikes, some notoriously late with their calls, etc., so I know what to expect during the game). The vast majority of the time there is nothing to write about. But, I think I've written more notes this year than the past few years combined. Today I have copious notes.
Back to the top

I may be stating the obvious, but Charlotte played us tough. I think we had a better team. But they took it to us and didn't stop. Hats off to them. And yes MLB, the umps have been interesting to say the least.But they were not why we lost.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I may be stating the obvious, but Charlotte played us tough. I think we had a better team. But they took it to us and didn't stop. Hats off to them. And yes MLB, the umps have been interesting to say the least.But they were not why we lost.

Posted On: Apr 10th 2016, 7:43 PM #355659

I think if you look up how many teams win when they give up 5 unearned runs in a game let alone an inning the win percentage is going to be very low.  Good that they fought for 15 innings, bad that they allowed themselves to be put in that position.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

owlcountry40 said

DeltAlumnus said

Disappointing series

Posted On: Apr 10th 2016, 4:42 PM #355653

Silent for months, but right there to pour salt on a wound after a tough weekend!

Posted On: Apr 10th 2016, 5:53 PM #355656
Silent?
How is this pouring salting the wounds?
Everything I said was true. 
I am upset we lost and these losses in a tight race will haunt us. We are way better than this shouldn't be losing to this team.
Get a grip.
Back to the top

😐😐😐😐😐😐😐

Following a tremendous relief performance that covered 7.1 shutout innings and allowed just two hits at No. 12 Florida Atlantic, Charlotte junior LHP Holden Capps has earned the Conference USA Pitcher of the Week award. The C-USA Hitter of the Week is shared by Charlotte freshman DH Drew Ober, who had 11 hits and eight RBI on the week, and Louisiana Tech junior 2B Jordan Washam, who also notched 11 hits, along with six RBI and four runs scored, while leading the Bulldogs to three road victories.
Back to the top
Control functions: