Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU RedBlue 2016 Spring Game

Add topic

Part 2:

Back to the top

Very excited that Driskel and Parr helped light up the scoreboard. 

What happened on D?

Coach Roc still moving players around to find the right fits? 

(Couldn't make the game changed time) 

Thoughts on the game results?? (Especially those who witnessed it) 
Back to the top

Due to post Panthers game activities, my friends did not make our fishing trip this morning and I was able to attend the game. Here is my take. I am no professional so be gentle on the negatives. QB.. Looked even. Both looked ok throwing. Parr showed the mobility I knew he had. RB.. Buddy,Kerrith, and Marcus looked very good. Different types of runners. Buddy looks slower but stronger. Kerrith looks like the APB that we have needed. Great hands. OL…OK.  DB's all looked solid. DL,,,solid. LB's…Really good. Hitting people from sideline to sideline. Kicking game…looks the best it's been in years. The P.A. announcer…struggled. Too many numbers and names. But the easy stuff was fun too. "FAU is attempting a 52 yard attempt." It spring for them too. D looked good. O did not look bad. I think the coaches should be happy with the showing. One name from the second team D that I needed to look up because I kept hearing his name was#44 Jacob Wilson. Played a solid LB for white team.  Glad I went. Feel good about the team.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Due to post Panthers game activities, my friends did not make our fishing trip this morning and I was able to attend the game. Here is my take. I am no professional so be gentle on the negatives. QB.. Looked even. Both looked ok throwing. Parr showed the mobility I knew he had. RB.. Buddy,Kerrith, and Marcus looked very good. Different types of runners. Buddy looks slower but stronger. Kerrith looks like the APB that we have needed. Great hands. OL…OK.  DB's all looked solid. DL,,,solid. LB's…Really good. Hitting people from sideline to sideline. Kicking game…looks the best it's been in years. The P.A. announcer…struggled. Too many numbers and names. But the easy stuff was fun too. "FAU is attempting a 52 yard attempt." It spring for them too. D looked good. O did not look bad. I think the coaches should be happy with the showing. One name from the second team D that I needed to look up because I kept hearing his name was#44 Jacob Wilson. Played a solid LB for white team.  Glad I went. Feel good about the team.
Posted On: Apr 16th 2016, 4:17 PM #355776

I have to agree with all that.. I am expecting both Parr and Driskel to split real game time until someone shows enough to take the job full time. Driskel has a edge with his experience last year, but Parr is showing the flashes of what everybody has expected from him. Going to be a great fall camp.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Apr 16th 2016, 4:17 PM #355776

It was blowing pretty good today, so you are probably glad you chose the game over fishing.  I was there also.  I liked a lot of what I saw.  There is an abundance of talent on the field.  Enough to go far this year.
Back to the top

I mostly agree with you Local. It was a fun atmosphere at the game yesterday.  Here's some of my observations:

Driskel and Parr both looked good but I thought the offense moved a little smoother with Driskel at the helm.

Kerrith Whyte has a chance to be real special for us. Enough for us to forget about Trey Rod. He seems to have that "it" factor. Whether or not Rodriguez returns and Warren gets healthy, I think we're just fine at running back.

Good to see Kalib Woods, Kamrin Solomon, Henry Bussey and the rest of the WRs making plays. I hope they can really step up this year with more experience and maturity. I also think moving Nate Terry to WR was a brilliant move by the staff 

The entire Red Team D looked good. Lots of Swarming TO the ball not just the player with it. Crazy that Trey Hendrickson is our lone senior on the first team. We're so talented with so much room left to grow!

Greg Joseph has lost games for us with his sub par accuracy throughout his career but he showed off that big leg with a 52 yarder. Where the heck is Landon Scheer??? I thought he was supposed to be the guy???? Schomp looked good too and so did the punter for the White team #99. 

Overall, a solid performance by the ones which is what you expect from a D1 program. If we had to pick a starting qb today, I'd say Driskel should get the nod but there's still a ways to go. OWLS UP! 👌👌👌
Back to the top

@LawOwl…The guy that popped out as a future star was White. He was dominant in HS and he looks ready for the next level. I didn't want to be the first to come out and say it , but if I were to pick a starting QB after yesterday, Driskel. Parr was good and maybe things will change. But going on Saturday's performance, Driskel. As for the WRs, I wanted to see good hands. They showed that. Can't wait to see what we can do with the entire OL back and healthy. I think our running game is five deep. Jordan who?
Back to the top

Right, if we had a game next week then Driskel probably would be the starter based upon the Spring Game. Still early though.

I still very much hope Trey comes back. Guy is electric. It's great that Whyte is emerging and hopefully can take opposing defenses by surprise early on. But obviously the more guys you have like that, the better.
Back to the top

@Owl2Doc…Same with me about Trey. Yes, he will be a plus for the team, but I would like to see him back on because that means he has corrected what ever was caused the problem. I found school difficult. I was not the best student. I had other bad habits when I was young.But I was lucky enough to work it all out. I hope he finds the right people to help him. He is young and deserves all the help and breaks we can give him. Hopefully he can say what I'm saying in thirty years.
Back to the top

I agree with both of you guys regarding Trey's situation. He seems like a nice kid and I know he has a daughter so I hope he gets it together and he does help the team. But the best ability is availability and if this is something that we're gonna go through every year with him it's not worth the headache especially if we have a kid who can do pretty much all the things he can. It hurts team morale and that's an extra scholarship we're wasting on a player that doesn't seem to be fully committed to the process
Back to the top
Control functions: