Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU RedBlue 2016 Spring Game

Add topic

Let's slow down a bit with any break downs from the scrimmage.

I'm not a huge fan of the format of 1's vs 2's or should I say it was really 1'sand  2's vs scout team.

I went to a couple practices and the 1st team D was way ahead of the offense as expected with the new system and some of the injured guys.
I'm guessing they wanted the guys to build some confidence and end the spring on a high note.
Because if it was 1's vs 1's it would have been an hour and half of Parr and Driskle running away from Hendrickson and looking like the offense is new.

I have been a big fan of Whyte, but let's see what happens with him when the other guys get healthy (I'm not counting on Jay Warren he hasn't been healthy his entire time here and if he's playing it's a bonus)where he falls on the depth chart.
I'm excited for this year because this defense will be the best in FAU history just watch.
The offense just needs to be competent and we will win 8.
For that reason I think they will go with the more experienced Driskle.
Back to the top

29 more practices before kick off. A lot can happen.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Let's slow down a bit with any break downs from the scrimmage.

I'm excited for this year because this defense will be the best in FAU history just watch.
Posted On: Apr 17th 2016, 7:03 PM #355796

I agree with you!

The Spring Game is for Fans. It is not anything new for the coaches to evaluate that they haven't seen the previous 14 practices.
Back to the top

My hopes for this year

1) The defense lives up to its promise it showed against UF and has a dominant year, more turnovers, more sacks.

2) The offense being more experienced and faster minimizes mistakes and puts more points on the board…a lot more points. You cant win games scoring 17 points a game. What we did against FIU and Old dominion towards the end of last season gave me hope.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

That's a bold statement - I hope you're right! There were a lot of flashes last year that we've got some great guys right now. I would love to see us harass Miami the same way we did Florida.

Back to the top

Local Owl said

@Owl2Doc…Same with me about Trey. Yes, he will be a plus for the team, but I would like to see him back on because that means he has corrected what ever was caused the problem. I found school difficult. I was not the best student. I had other bad habits when I was young.But I was lucky enough to work it all out. I hope he finds the right people to help him. He is young and deserves all the help and breaks we can give him. Hopefully he can say what I'm saying in thirty years.
Posted On: Apr 17th 2016, 11:30 AM #355793

+ 1 on TR.  I hope he can take advantage of his situation at FAU.  He has a coaching staff that builds character before before they make players.  He needs to buy in to that, not just for achievement on the field, but for success in life.

That said, I have looked hard at the offense, we need to put the ball in the hands of our running backs 30 times a game for success.  
Back to the top
Control functions: