Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: #14 Southern Miss vs #17 FAU - Apr 29th - May 1st, 2016

Add topic

This was a great game. Stewart/Swan were great. Hitting was great. One of our best games of the year. My new favorite player…Tyler Frank.  This kid is clutch. Don't take our foot off the gas.
Back to the top

BOOK The Series!

Another fine outing by our guys!

UPDATED SCHEDULE & RESULTS: UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2016 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Seems like our biggest issue with this team is we play down to competition 
Back to the top

Right now I can't say anything negative about this team. WOW! CJ showed why he will go very high in the draft. Again today , only two pitchers to complete the game. Can't tell you how important that is for Sunday and mid-week. Haven't looked at stats , but SMU has thrown a lot of arms in the two games. We are crushing the ball. Everything is hard hit. Remember that SoMiss is one of the best hitting teams in the country and our guys are keeping them under control. Great game. Won't be there Sunday. I have a date with a few Mahi.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Right now I can't say anything negative about this team. WOW! CJ showed why he will go very high in the draft. Again today , only two pitchers to complete the game. Can't tell you how important that is for Sunday and mid-week. Haven't looked at stats , but SMU has thrown a lot of arms in the two games. We are crushing the ball. Everything is hard hit. Remember that SoMiss is one of the best hitting teams in the country and our guys are keeping them under control. Great game. Won't be there Sunday. I have a date with a few Mahi.
Posted On: Apr 30th 2016, 7:51 PM #355976

Let us know how you do.  I was out Friday off Boca and it turned into a wasteland all the sudden.  Went 12 off and saw nothing after trying couple hours inside since they were inside all week.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Anyone have any idea why this game is at 11 am today 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Anyone have any idea why this game is at 11 am today

Posted On: May 1st 2016, 9:55 AM #355987

My guess would be travel, probably no direct flights to USM.  They probably want to get home way before mid-night.
Back to the top

Yes, flight issues. Softball has been moved for same reason to 12:30 PM.
Back to the top

Labsan sets FAU up with a 1-0 lead after five innings, scattering just five hits in the process, but the pen can't keep USM at bay for long.

The Owls battle back from 4-1 in their last at bat, and get to within a score of tying.

They still take the series 2-1 and will own a head-to-head advantage if it is needed later for seeding purposes.

UPDATED SCHEDULE & RESULTS: 2016 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Labsan locked up the USM bats but the relievers couldn't do the same.Still took the series.Lets do the same to Rice. @Dusky.. fishing did a 180. Mahi everywhere for the last 2-3 weeks. Yesterday , two small BFT early and that was it. Between Ritz and LW pier
Back to the top
Control functions: