Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: #16 FAU vs #13 Rice - May 13th - 15th, 2016

Add topic

I can't blame Gunner for the K but our "stars" are looking real bad at the plate tonight. I wonder how many times we had a swinging third strike that was out of the zone. McKay is throwing fine . A couple pitches up and he got hurt. We have had opportunities and failed.
Back to the top

I hate bringing it up all the time but it seems when we face a tough pitcher, the bottom of our order produce better than the top. I think they are looking for contact and nothing more.
Back to the top

FINAL:

FAU 1  Rice 9

Florida Atlantic gives up two homers to the host Owls, who had only 12 for the year entering the game, and manages just four hits for the contest. Brett Lashley's third inning RBI single accounted for their lone score.

FAU had the bags loaded in the 6th inning against Rice ace Jon Duplantier, but could not convert any runs out of the opportunity.

The team will look to regroup tomorrow at 3:00 PM in game two, while still in search of their first C-USA victory against the Texan foe.

Bats will need to return to do so, as they have been outscored 19-3 over the last two games dating back to Wednesday's loss at Ohio State.

UPDATED SCHEDULE & RESULTS: 2016 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Top 5 in the line up 2 for 18. Bottom 4 in the line up 3 for 12.  I think I would know what yo say in my pre game discussion.
Back to the top

Rice's top 5 were 9 for 20 and bottom  4 were 2 for 15. Can you tell what I am obsessing about this morning ? Yes, we faced a good pitcher. But so did they. We need to start hitting.
Back to the top

Today's game against Rice has been suspended in the top of the 5th inning with FAU ahead 3-1.

The game is scheduled to resume tomorrow at 11:00 AM EST, with game three of the series to follow approximately :45 minutes afterwards.
Back to the top

Book Game Two for the Good Guys!

In handy fashion  :Smug:

It's not looking good to get the third game of the series in at all according to the doppler, but strangers things have happened.

UPDATED SCHEDULE & RESULTS: 2016 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Stall Tactic FAIL for Rice who was trying to end Game Three early with 3-1 lead.

No Dice! Puerta spanks a 2 RBI double, and Langham follows that with an RBI single to give FAU a 4-3 lead in the bottom of the fourth.

Rain on the way and one inning away from being official.
Back to the top

Delay time has arrived yet again.  Bot 5th all tied at 4-4.
Back to the top

Series ends in a 1-1 tie, courtesy of weather:

Back to the top
Control functions: