Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

REGIONAL THREAD: Coral Gables, FL - June 3rd - 6th, 2016

Add topic

Chatham earns the Owls's third hit of the day in the 8th, but is left on base.

FAU will need some magic in the 9th, down 4-1.
Back to the top

Make it a 5-1 edge for the Dirtbags, who add another run in the top of the 9th.

This is it…

FAU 1  LBSU 5
Back to the top

Well who's ready for football season…….  another FAU team wets the during post season post.
Back to the top

FINAL:

FAU 1 LBSU 5

Owls drop opener, but bigger issue is the status of Chatham (hand).

Puerta solo homer, Dicks triple - which was ruled an error (in error).

Next vs Loser UM/Stetson Sat at 1:00 PM.

UPDATED BRACKET: REGIONAL THREAD: Coral Gables, FL - June 3rd - 6th, 2016 - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Yep. This is our M.O.
Back to the top

We don't seem to perform under pressure. This was a game we should have won. Good teams win those kind of games. Once again, the pitchers gave up some runs, but kept us in the game. We gave them no support. Football in three months!!!!
Back to the top

We haven't hit good pitching all year.
Most of out numbers come from running its up on a bunch of northeast schools.
A lot of talent in this team that has honestly under achieved.
Back to the top

CJ was great. A couple of young guys stepped up big time. Our arms saved the season. But OC..you are correct. Too many guys that we thought would have big offensive numbers, had an average year. And in some cases, below average numbers. We need hitting !!!!  Period. I have heard the talk of guys going pro. I know of one that is a sure shot and the others did not do much for there chances. A kid with a pro future can hit college pitching very well. Not average. This team is loaded with talent. They just don't show it when they are facing big time, pro future ,quality pitching. The same pitchers that you will see every day in the pros. Sub-300 batting in college is near the Mendoza Line in the pros. Love the toughness of our pitchers. My pre season question mark.  Turns out run support would be our down fall.
Back to the top

CJ Chatham has been officially listed as questionable for Saturday's Regional match-up and likely to be a game time decision.
Back to the top

Rick said

…Dicks triple - which was ruled an error (in error).

I really didn't like that decision. LBSU argued that the pitcher gets benefit of the doubt in a no-hitter situation, while admitting that in any other situation it is a hit. If it is a hit in the 1st, it's a hit in the 5th, period. Plus, contrary to that argument, while the rules state that pitchers get the benefit of the doubt for the advancement of runners when reconstructing an inning to determine earned runs, the batter gets the benefit of the doubt in hit/error decisions. The pitching situation has no play at all in hit/error decisions.
Back to the top
Control functions: