Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Miami Game Thread - September 10th, 2016

Add topic

The Matchup: FAU (1-0) vs. Miami (1-0)

When: Saturday, September 10th, 6:00 PM

Where: Joe Robbie Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ Joe Robbie Stadium

The Series: Miami leads 2-0, this will be the 3rd of three contracted meetings.

Hurricanes Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: ESPN3

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: Miami -23

Back to the top

FAU @ Miami Game Thread - September 10th, 2016

Whats your thoughts on this game? If SIU did what they did, how much do you think Kaaya/RBs will put on the Owls?
Back to the top

I suspect the team will be much better prepared. Im glad Miami was the 2nd game of the season and not the first. 
Back to the top

We're huge underdogs in this contest, and rightfully so after giving up over 500 yards to an FCS school.

Still, we could have a nice outing…
Back to the top

ESPN gives us a 4.7% chance, which i believe is more than what they gave us when we went into UF last season. I think it will be close ish for the first half then UM will pull ahead.

*just because it's what i think, does not mean it's what i want*
Back to the top

Matthew Kordas (2) said

ESPN gives us a 4.7% chance, which i believe is more than what they gave us when we went into UF last season. I think it will be close ish for the first half then UM will pull ahead.

*just because it's what i think, does not mean it's what i want*
Posted On: Sep 4th 2016, 8:30 PM #358374

So you're saying there's a chance?

We know nothing about what Miami has by playing FAMU, that s a bad team.  Do I realistically think we are going to win, no.  That said we are not FAMU so stranger things have happened.

Play strong, put on a decent offensive and defensive effort and see where it takes us.  The defensive needs to tackle or it could get ugly.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

A turn over here, a turn over there. You never know. Please wrap up when tackling. There are no more blocking dummies. These want to run though you.
Back to the top

FAU did a nice job in the first half against UM last year.  

I'm not sure we saw everything from either team.
Back to the top

Against Miami we are going to have to put together some long clock eating drives.  Against S. Ill we had 3 TD drives that consumed a total of 4 or 5 plays
Back to the top

FAU is going to play with more enthusiasm and vigor in the Miami game than the SIU game because we're the hunter instead of the hunted now. We can play much better than we did at SIU; we have that in us. Perfect example: we were 3-9 last season yet look how we played vs #8 Florida.
Back to the top
Control functions: