Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Miami Game Thread - September 10th, 2016

Add topic

owl2Doc said

FAU is going to play with more enthusiasm and vigor in the Miami game than the SIU game because we're the hunter instead of the hunted now. We can play much better than we did at SIU; we have that in us. Perfect example: we were 3-9 last season yet look how we played vs #8 Florida.
Posted On: Sep 4th 2016, 9:52 PM #358388

Agree with this. That first half against SIU was uninspired football and we saw a different team the 2nd half. I do think the gap has closed quite a bit between us and Miami since our first meeting in 2013 but it's not closed enough. We'll show a respectable effort but ultimately come up short
Back to the top

LawOwl said

owl2Doc said

FAU is going to play with more enthusiasm and vigor in the Miami game than the SIU game because we're the hunter instead of the hunted now. We can play much better than we did at SIU; we have that in us. Perfect example: we were 3-9 last season yet look how we played vs #8 Florida.
Posted On: Sep 4th 2016, 9:52 PM #358388
Agree with this. That first half against SIU was uninspired football and we saw a different team the 2nd half. I do think the gap has closed quite a bit between us and Miami since our first meeting in 2013 but it's not closed enough. We'll show a respectable effort but ultimately come up short

Posted On: Sep 4th 2016, 10:03 PM #358392

Lets keep our hearts in check, the gap hasn't closed much at all.  We just finished back to back 3-9 seasons, we have had 1 .500 season since 2008 where we won a mediocre bowl.  UM has 5 National Championship on their resume and yes they haven't been relevant since 2001 but I rather have a National Championship 15 years ago compared to a Little Caesar Bowl Championship 8 years ago.

I hope we come prepared to play like we did against them for 2.5 quarters last year and how we played UF for 4 quarters. 
Back to the top

We need to start praying from now that the rain delay gods have mercy on us. also keep in mind that the U of Al Goldon is much different than the U of Richt, I suspect. We need to open our Playbook up a little bit more and have an answer for the screen too
Back to the top

owl in training said

We need to start praying from now that the rain delay gods have mercy on us. also keep in mind that the U of Al Goldon is much different than the U of Richt, I suspect. We need to open our Playbook up a little bit more and have an answer for the screen too

Posted On: Sep 5th 2016, 10:07 AM #358400
We have the answer to the screen, we just need to implement it.  When the O lines up in that formation, on the snap our Defensive End, slides to the outside and gets in the lane between the QB and receiver.  3 things can happen.  Our D end knocks it own, intercepts, causes the QB to throw high.  On a completion the D end is there to make the stop.  That said, we need to have our linebacker move in to cover the end.  Coach Roc, what do you  think?
Back to the top

Coach Partidge has closed practice to all media this week so looks like he is going 110% for Mia
Back to the top

First off I am happy about our win even though it could've gotten ugly.  SIU is a good FCS school and they played to win.  UM beat a terrible FCS school in FAMU and needed to make a great showing for Richt by running up the score.  I think we can be competitive in this game and the key is big pass plays.  Kaaya is a decent passer and will go downfield on every series.  We need upfront pressure, tackling has to get better and we need to grind out drives.  A strong outing and a close game can give us an edge. The Gap is closing in,  don't mind the records,  mind the impact.  We are getting to where we need to be.  We had some setbacks but everything is falling into place.  From the stadium, scheduling, uniforms, players drafted, conference affiliation to the fans.  We are a recognizable school and our brand is showing up. I think we play to win and for sure we might steal one from Kansas State.  Their offense is atrocious.  We are a bowl caliber team. I can taste it.  UM is a forgotten Power 5.  They don't have the fan bases of say USC or Michigan.  They share a stadium and lack facilities such as Oregon.  We have s radium and the facilities are coming ther is only one way to go from here and that's up.   Go Owls!
Back to the top

faufan300 said

First off I am happy about our win even though it could've gotten ugly.  SIU is a good FCS school and they played to win.  UM beat a terrible FCS school in FAMU and needed to make a great showing for Richt by running up the score.  I think we can be competitive in this game and the key is big pass plays.  Kaaya is a decent passer and will go downfield on every series.  We need upfront pressure, tackling has to get better and we need to grind out drives.  A strong outing and a close game can give us an edge. The Gap is closing in,  don't mind the records,  mind the impact.  We are getting to where we need to be.  We had some setbacks but everything is falling into place.  From the stadium, scheduling, uniforms, players drafted, conference affiliation to the fans.  We are a recognizable school and our brand is showing up. I think we play to win and for sure we might steal one from Kansas State.  Their offense is atrocious.  We are a bowl caliber team. I can taste it.  UM is a forgotten Power 5.  They don't have the fan bases of say USC or Michigan.  They share a stadium and lack facilities such as Oregon.  We have s radium and the facilities are coming ther is only one way to go from here and that's up.   Go Owls!
Posted On: Sep 5th 2016, 1:09 PM #358407

Nice post!
Back to the top

faufan300 said

First off I am happy about our win even though it could've gotten ugly.  SIU is a good FCS school and they played to win.  UM beat a terrible FCS school in FAMU and needed to make a great showing for Richt by running up the score.  I think we can be competitive in this game and the key is big pass plays.  Kaaya is a decent passer and will go downfield on every series.  We need upfront pressure, tackling has to get better and we need to grind out drives.  A strong outing and a close game can give us an edge. The Gap is closing in,  don't mind the records,  mind the impact.  We are getting to where we need to be.  We had some setbacks but everything is falling into place.  From the stadium, scheduling, uniforms, players drafted, conference affiliation to the fans.  We are a recognizable school and our brand is showing up. I think we play to win and for sure we might steal one from Kansas State.  Their offense is atrocious.  We are a bowl caliber team. I can taste it.  UM is a forgotten Power 5.  They don't have the fan bases of say USC or Michigan.  They share a stadium and lack facilities such as Oregon.  We have s radium and the facilities are coming ther is only one way to from here and that's up.   Go Owls!

Take it easy big fella, UM has 56 players on NFL rosters.  Let's keep proper perspective and hope for a good outing.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

faufan300 said

First off I am happy about our win even though it could've gotten ugly.  SIU is a good FCS school and they played to win.  UM beat a terrible FCS school in FAMU and needed to make a great showing for Richt by running up the score.  I think we can be competitive in this game and the key is big pass plays.  Kaaya is a decent passer and will go downfield on every series.  We need upfront pressure, tackling has to get better and we need to grind out drives.  A strong outing and a close game can give us an edge. The Gap is closing in,  don't mind the records,  mind the impact.  We are getting to where we need to be.  We had some setbacks but everything is falling into place.  From the stadium, scheduling, uniforms, players drafted, conference affiliation to the fans.  We are a recognizable school and our brand is showing up. I think we play to win and for sure we might steal one from Kansas State.  Their offense is atrocious.  We are a bowl caliber team. I can taste it.  UM is a forgotten Power 5.  They don't have the fan bases of say USC or Michigan.  They share a stadium and lack facilities such as Oregon.  We have s radium and the facilities are coming ther is only one way to from here and that's up.   Go Owls!

Take it easy big fella, UM has 56 players on NFL rosters.  Let's keep proper perspective and hope for a good outing.

Posted On: Sep 5th 2016, 2:41 PM #358412

Debbie Downer enters the party.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

Coach Partidge has closed practice to all media this week so looks like he is going 110% for Mia
Posted On: Sep 5th 2016, 1:06 PM #358405
Coach knows the importance of this game.  He is not preparing the team to give UM good game or keep it close.  His game plan for UM is a victory…. nothing else.    I am confident we will see an expanded play book on both sides of the ball this week.   The offense gave us a peek last saturday in the 3rd qtr.   Two impressive drives.

Expect some more option runs and attemps to get Buddy H on the edge as well as between the tackles.  Devon Singletary got his toes wet last Sat., I expect to him to be more involved against UM.   I expect to see two back sets with no. 5 and 9.  Watch for a Buddy Howell lead block to get 5 to the outside.

Be patient with the passing game.  No Turnovers, minimize penalties.  Miami is beatable!
Back to the top
Control functions: