Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ball State @ FAU Game Thread - September 17th, 2016

Add topic

The home schedule coming up is ALL winable - even WKU, they QB is the FORMER USF QB and he is definately NOT Dougherty! WE are VERY LUCKY to have game with teams WE CAN beat, who are all worse than Ball St honestly. Add in Rice (beatable) and even Marshall this year - their D is NOT GOOD.

IF we let the O play for 60 MINUTES and be more wide open we CAN win, especially if we get rid of Roc (which we all know we won't). And yes I think we should have gone for it on 4th down on the one, any decent team would have and not with yet another run up the middle, who is calling the plays with a bandaged up O-line? Roll the qb out and give HIM options, oh and SPREAD THE D, no more tight formations where they CAN bunch 9 guys in on the line! A FG from the one, really!!!! We score a TD there and then later kick the FG from the 30 (instead of going for it and not getting it giving Ball St. the ball and to go on and score the go ahead TD )we are up 10, not 3!

Dang but football IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE where you pay a guy half a mil to 5 mil.

Oh and for everyone asking where is Warren - on the bench for whatever reason while the guy we chose NOT to offer instead of Warren is ALL SEC and scored 3 times yest. vs. WKU including the tying score form the 3 on a play he dove from the 4 to score. WAY better back than anything we have, anything. Great choice Coaches!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The home schedule coming up is ALL winable - even WKU, they QB is the FORMER USF QB and he is definately NOT Dougherty! WE are VERY LUCKY to have game with teams WE CAN beat, who are all worse than Ball St honestly. Add in Rice (beatable) and even Marshall this year - their D is NOT GOOD.

IF we let the O play for 60 MINUTES and be more wide open we CAN win, especially if we get rid of Roc (which we all know we won't). And yes I think we should have gone for it on 4th down on the one, any decent team would have and not with yet another run up the middle, who is calling the plays with a bandaged up O-line? Roll the qb out and give HIM options, oh and SPREAD THE D, no more tight formations where they CAN bunch 9 guys in on the line! A FG from the one, really!!!! We score a TD there and then later kick the FG from the 30 (instead of going for it and not getting it giving Ball St. the ball and to go on and score the go ahead TD )we are up 10, not 3!

Dang but football IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE where you pay a guy half a mil to 5 mil.

Oh and for everyone asking where is Warren - on the bench for whatever reason while the guy we chose NOT to offer instead of Warren is ALL SEC and scored 3 times yest. vs. WKU including the tying score form the 3 on a play he dove from the 4 to score. WAY better back than anything we have, anything. Great choice Coaches!
  First of all don't speak on things you DONT KNOW about.That kid didn't want to come to FAU in the first place. And another kid got injured. Second of all Warren is a very good running back when he actually has a good o-line to back him up. Every fumble Warren has had if you actually knew anything about football, you would know it was the entire offenses fault. For example during the Miami game last year he got injured because someone missed their block and he got plummeled twice, also the FIU game where he fumbled twice, if you actually look at the game footage you will see when he fumbled in the red zone basically the whole o-line was standing around watching and not blocking. I'm sorry but to keep placing blame on Warren for EVERYTHING is ridiculous. When buddy fumble no one said anything when quez fumbled no one said anything he kept playing. This program is a joke you sponsors are joke the coaches are joke. I feel bad for these kids to have to deal with a program like this. If I were a potential prospect I wouldn't even bother to come here and visit. 
Back to the top

Goowls (Guest) said

First of all don't speak on things you DONT KNOW about.That kid didn't want to come to FAU in the first place. And another kid got injured. Second of all Warren is a very good running back when he actually has a good o-line to back him up. Every fumble Warren has had if you actually knew anything about football, you would know it was the entire offenses fault. For example during the Miami game last year he got injured because someone missed their block and he got plummeled twice, also the FIU game where he fumbled twice, if you actually look at the game footage you will see when he fumbled in the red zone basically the whole o-line was standing around watching and not blocking. I'm sorry but to keep placing blame on Warren for EVERYTHING is ridiculous. When buddy fumble no one said anything when quez fumbled no one said anything he kept playing. This program is a joke you sponsors are joke the coaches are joke. I feel bad for these kids to have to deal with a program like this. If I were a potential prospect I wouldn't even bother to come here and visit. 
Posted On: Oct 9th 2016, 11:46 AM #360666

I know football and I know he who fumbles the ball is at fault unless there is a BAD exchange from the QB. As a running back (which I WAS a long time ago), YOU are responsible for ball security, NOT the OL whom SHOULD have been aware but THAT is another issue with these Owls, a VERY soft team sorry to say!

And bottom line is when Warren was offered first Webb to his credit looked elsewhere, got an SEC offer from Vandy and has done very well for himself. Why Warren is on the bench I don't know but it just might be ball security!

Our backs who ARE playing are not doing too bad and hey, the D did not give up over 30 for the 1st time all year (game 6 (1-5). Too bas we are playing a team AT OUR HOME) whom won their very FIRST CUSA game.

Great job Owls, and I mean from the 85th scholly player to the school President. Things only get worse in Owl land and I am as optimistic a guy as they come. But ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, How low can we go!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Goowls (Guest) said

Posted On: Oct 9th 2016, 11:46 AM #360666

I know football and I know he who fumbles the ball is at fault unless there is a BAD exchange from the QB. As a running back (which I WAS a long time ago), YOU are responsible for ball security, NOT the OL whom SHOULD have been aware but THAT is another issue with these Owls, a VERY soft team sorry to say!

And bottom line is when Warren was offered first Webb to his credit looked elsewhere, got an SEC offer from Vandy and has done very well for himself. Why Warren is on the bench I don't know but it just might be ball security!

Our backs who ARE playing are not doing too bad and hey, the D did not give up over 30 for the 1st time all year (game 6 (1-5). Too bas we are playing a team AT OUR HOME) whom won their very FIRST CUSA game.

Great job Owls, and I mean from the 85th scholly player to the school President. Things only get worse in Owl land and I am as optimistic a guy as they come. But ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, How low can we go!
I'm sorry but football in the 70's is ALOT DIFFERENT FROM NOW. And first off he's not on the bench because of ball security it's because of favoritism. According to a good source (not Warren) and pretty positive buddy has fumbled (not hating) before but of course y'all don't say anything about that. And I'm sorry but if your getting plummeled over and over and over again there's definitely going to be some fumbled your body can only take so much. You're one of those people that looks at a play from one position not the whole offense. Oh and I'm pretty sure parr and driskell has fumbled as well. But no one said it was their fault it was someone else's. 
Back to the top

Hey, I think Warren is a good back and really don't know the reason the Coaches are not playing him. maybe ball security, maybe something else, I don't know. Webb has turned out to be a stud in the SEC so great for him, and the current backs are doing pretty decent. our problem is really the passing game still blows under this new OC. Average catch and longest catch WAY TOO SHORT to be successful.

And I really dislike those who say 'well, it takes time". It DOES NOT take much time if your are a player! Being put in position to succeed by a good coach with a good AGGRESSIVE game plan. Look at UCF to see the quick turnaround from an UGLY 0-12 to a very dangerous O in just the FIRST FEW GAMES under a new HC!  

At FAU we get 92 yards vs. FIU and 160 or so vs. Charlotte, two team I guarantee UCF would have put up 500 total yards minimum as well as at least 40 points - this year!

And yeas football is different from the 70's as much as it is different from even 10 years ago. But you learn and adapt and go after the other team then as you do now, just in different styles. And ball security NEVER CHANGES!

i DON'T KNOW WHAT OUR COACHES HAVE LEARNED, EXCEPT HOW TO UNDER PERFORM AND LOSE - A LOT!

What was exciting about the short 4 game Wright era was that the team DID NOT PLAY DOWN TO THE OPPOSITIONS LEVEL. WE SMASHED THEM.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Hey, I think Warren is a good back and really don't know the reason the Coaches are not playing him. maybe ball security, maybe something else, I don't know. Webb has turned out to be a stud in the SEC so great for him, and the current backs are doing pretty decent. our problem is really the passing game still blows under this new OC. Average catch and longest catch WAY TOO SHORT to be successful.

And I really dislike those who say 'well, it takes time". It DOES NOT take much time if your are a player! Being put in position to succeed by a good coach with a good AGGRESSIVE game plan. Look at UCF to see the quick turnaround from an UGLY 0-12 to a very dangerous O in just the FIRST FEW GAMES under a new HC!  

At FAU we get 92 yards vs. FIU and 160 or so vs. Charlotte, two team I guarantee UCF would have put up 500 total yards minimum as well as at least 40 points - this year!

And yeas football is different from the 70's as much as it is different from even 10 years ago. But you learn and adapt and go after the other team then as you do now, just in different styles. And ball security NEVER CHANGES!

i DON'T KNOW WHAT OUR COACHES HAVE LEARNED, EXCEPT HOW TO UNDER PERFORM AND LOSE - A LOT!

What was exciting about the short 4 game Wright era was that the team DID NOT PLAY DOWN TO THE OPPOSITIONS LEVEL. WE SMASHED THEM.
"And I really dislike those who say 'well, it takes time". It DOES NOT take much time if your are a player! Being put in position to succeed by a good coach with a good AGGRESSIVE game plan. Look at UCF to see the quick turnaround from an UGLY 0-12 to a very dangerous O in just the FIRST FEW GAMES under a new HC!"

MAC Eastern Michigan held Charlotte to 19 points. Eastern Michigan has won one bowl game in its 110 year history.

We allowed them 28 points and 450 yards offense.

If the defense were better the offense could have gotten back on the field sooner.

Like I said the offense is not the problem at the moment.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Oct 10th 2016, 2:01 PM #360928
Except I think we were on the verge of being winners before CP got here - our coaches have taught us how to lose. We weren't this bad when he got here.

I really miss Wright during this slow motion car crash, this dumpster fire of a season.
Back to the top

FIRE CHARLIE PRESS CONF.!!!!

Has this been announced yet? i figured he would've been poop-canned overnight! why the delay? Does anyone REALLY believe he can coach?
Back to the top

Doesn't look like there will be something. Usually these things happen the same day or the next day.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Doesn't look like there will be something. Usually these things happen the same day or the next day.
Posted On: Oct 10th 2016, 7:36 PM #360940

FAU is telling its fans 7-24 is ok.
Slap in the face.
Charlie is talking about how it took CU 4 years to get good.
Meanwhile they lost to a 1st year head coach of a bad USC team yesterday…..the Charlie standard.
Back to the top
Control functions: