Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

It's Fixable

Matt C said

I admit I over simplify what is a complex problem.  For instance, I suggest a screen pass.  Sounds simple, right?  It is a very tough play to execute.  The play has 11 individual assignments that have to be executed correctly for the play to work.  You just don't throw it in the mix.  Any of our suggestions are nothing new to our coaches.  they call the plays and run the schemes they  feel put the team in the best position to win.  They certainly are in a better position than I am.    There is nothing wrong with the philosophy.   Remember our guys are serious students that play football.  I don't believe we are trying to be an NFL farm team.  Our Coaches stress academics and character as well as athletics.  It took guts to cut our arguably our best offense threat this past spring.  There is a method behind their actions.  Our coach has a vision and values that I like.  I can be patient.

This conversation is more suited for wings and beer than a computer screen.  Tell me where and when.

BTW, Marshall is 1-3.  I don't think they are looking for the head of Doc Holliday up in Huntington
Posted On: Oct 3rd 2016, 12:01 AM #360482

Doc has history of winning so you can feel more confident he will fix things.
Also i you read the C-USA message boards many Marshall fans do think Doc's best days are behind him.
Back to the top

Matt C said

BTW, Marshall is 1-3.  I don't think they are looking for the head of Doc Holliday up in Huntington

They are 20-4 with two Bowl wins the last two seasons…

Back to the top

Rick said

Matt C said

They are 20-4 with two Bowl wins the last two seasons…

Posted On: Oct 3rd 2016, 7:25 AM #360484

Right, with 2 of thier losses being Louisville and @Pittsburgh.  They will bounce back nicely to destroy our team in a few weeks…dont worry.

Charlie is 7-what 24?  The ride is over, there is no defending at this point.

Is there an example of a coach EVER coming from a record this bad to find success?  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Matt C said

C'mon be specific.  If you were the OC DC or HC  what moves would you make?  Need X and O's
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 12:10 PM #360403
I don't think it's a problem of X's and O's, it's a mental problem. Al-Shaair even said they were in the right places, just didn't execute. This is explains why CP was such a great coordinator (sort of) and line coach, but terrible HC.

Bottom line - CP might be a great recruiter and tactician (but I doubt it), but he certainly can't get the players to close out games and play disciplined, fundamental football.
Back to the top

walty12 said

We're talking x's and o's…

Our players arent tackling, blocking or catching the ball.

Can we start with the fundamentals of good football?
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 2:15 PM #360425

100%. My thoughts exactly.
Back to the top

Also, I don't know if you guys saw, but the Fire Charlie thread made it to the Sun Sentinel lol.

"In recent weeks — after a program-worst loss to Kansas State and two late blown leads — Partridge has drawn the ire of fans. Fan forum Owl's Nest's thread titled "FIRE CHARLIE!!!" had 64 posts by Sunday afternoon."

Probably every single FAU fan commented on that thread. All 17 of us.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Is there an example of a coach EVER coming from a record this bad to find success?  
Posted On: Oct 3rd 2016, 8:54 AM #360485

He is 7-22.

Schnelley was 10-26 his final three years with a busted hip and he was sent packing.

Partridge will be very close, if not exactly at that mark after three years.

Just sayin'…
Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

He is 7-22.

Schnelley was 10-26 his final three years with a busted hip and he was sent packing.

Partridge will be very close to that mark after three years.

Just sayin'…

Posted On: Oct 3rd 2016, 9:41 AM #360489

Mario Cristobal was 9-27 after 3 seasons.  Then went 7-6 and 8-5 with 2 bowl appearances.  3-9 his last season.  We have a Mario situation.
Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

He is 7-22.

Just sayin'…

10-26 followed by 7-22…

Wow, we've had a tough run of years.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

Rick said

walty12 said

He is 7-22.

Just sayin'…

Mario Cristobal was 9-27 after 3 seasons.  Then went 7-6 and 8-5 with 2 bowl appearances.  3-9 his last season.  We have a Mario situation.
Posted On: Oct 3rd 2016, 9:45 AM #360490

1-11
5-7
3-9
7-6
8-5
3-9

We're 100% in a Mario Cristobal situation - a bad head coach that can recruit, and might hopefully have a couple years where we barely win more than we lose, then back to being a bad team.
Back to the top
Control functions: