Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 Potential Coaching search thread

First of all, I'd love to see FAU turn the season around some how.  However, given what I see so far, this team looks like the usual 3 win team we've seen the past few seasons.  If a move is made (and 3 straight awful seasons would certainly justify a change), then I hope they go find somebody with head coaching experience at some level of college football.  We've hired 2 straight position coaches…get someone with experience running a team.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owlcountry40 said

Well we are going to need this thread

Not according to DeFranks most recent article in the Sun Sentinel where Chun says Charlie's job is not in jeapordy.

But if it was, I certainly like the Clemson idea. UCF had the right idea in stealing away the Oregon coach.

If FAU cans Charlie and hires another defensive guy I give up on this program.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 2:56 PM #360429
An AD will tell you they have faith in a coach until 5 min before they announce he is fired.
Chun is also part of the problem and from i hear him and Kelly are not exactly the best of friends.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owlcountry40 said

Not according to DeFranks most recent article in the Sun Sentinel where Chun says Charlie's job is not in jeapordy.

But if it was, I certainly like the Clemson idea. UCF had the right idea in stealing away the Oregon coach.

Kiss of death.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

First of all, I'd love to see FAU turn the season around some how.  However, given what I see so far, this team looks like the usual 3 win team we've seen the past few seasons.  If a move is made (and 3 straight awful seasons would certainly justify a change), then I hope they go find somebody with head coaching experience at some level of college football.  We've hired 2 straight position coaches…get someone with experience running a team.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 3:25 PM #360434

You don't need someone with experience you just need to find the right guy.
Anyone who has experience that will come to FAU most likely failed at his last job IE Ron Turner.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

fauowls44 said

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 3:25 PM #360434

You don't need someone with experience you just need to find the right guy.
Anyone who has experience that will come to FAU most likely failed at his last job IE Ron Turner.

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 4:30 PM #360439

Why does it need to be someone who failed?  It could be someone from an FCS school.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Owl2Doc said

owlcountry40 said

An AD will tell you they have faith in a coach until 5 min before they announce he is fired.
Chun is also part of the problem and from i hear him and Kelly are not exactly the best of friends.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 4:27 PM #360437

Yeah, Chun's endorsement isn't the one that matters most.  Kelly will likely make this call.  I honestly don't expect it during the season though.  There's nobody on the staff to take over at this point that would likely make a big difference.  My guess is they'll probably just let this play itself out…at least until the bye week.
Back to the top

At least start the movement to improvement by getting rid of the 3rd year DC whose D is the worst part of the team. Over 30 points 5 straight games. With only 2 of those vs. Power 5 teams and 2 of those vs. teams YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE LOST TOO, plus an FCS team!

And can't use the short field excuse for lots of points allowed because the O sucks or turns it over excuse this year! The D just blows!

By the way, this year alone we have lost to 1 first year HC and one INTERIM HC and struggled mightily vs. FCS 1st year HC. So much for the other teams "learning curves" for their players to learn their "systems" . Only FAU and FIU seem to really have that problem, at least until FIU plays FAU!

SAD AND PATHETIC THAT EITHER OUT PLAYERS ARE IMBECILES AND CAN'T LEARN OR OUR COACHES CAN'T TEACH. OR THEIR "SYSTEMS AND STYLE OF PLAY" JUST DON'T WORK. YOU CHOOSE!

Either way Pres. Kelly if this lasts much more we will be down to the EASTERN MICHIGAN 5-6K at a home games very soon and it will take YEARS to rebuild ANY fan base at FAU. DO SOMETHING BEFORE THIS HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Guess we could always go down to FCS with Idaho
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 4:27 PM #360437

Guess I can't be surprised there. I know he rubbed a couple people on here the wrong way.

Back to the top

I hate the fact the we need people say we need to hire offensive or defensive guy.

Just get someone who gets players to players to play 100 percent of their capability.

Back to the top
Control functions: