Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - October 9th, 2016

Add topic

Season's over. Pack it in boys.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Season's over. Pack it in boys.
Posted On: Oct 4th 2016, 9:52 AM #360554

We've still got seven games to play. If you mean we aren't going bowling, I tend to strongly agree. But certainly not packing it in. Holding on to Hope my QB gets some time to show what he can do with his arm.

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

After 92 yards vs. FIU (whIch I could have done - DAMN!!!)I personally don't see why not. Oh i forget, he does not get or run the "system" as well.

92 YARDS VS. FIU - WHAT SYSTEM!!!!!!!!! IT IS FOOTBALL, NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Coaches, stop trying to show how "smart" you are and let the young players we have PLAY!  Amazing how UCF with one of the absolute WORST O's in football last year has put up over 50 points in not one but TWO road games in a row. FIU (sound familiar) and East Carolina, a VERY TOUGH PLACE TO PLAY!

Why does THAT "system" work and ours STILL DOES NOT! And this goes for BOTH the O and D. The D in THIRD year and playing awful. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGAIN, EITHER WE HAVE IDIOT PLAYERS WHO CANNOT LEARN OR IDIOT COAcHES WHO CANNOT COACH - WHICH IS IT??????????

Get 'er done THIS WEEK COACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Rick said

Holding on to Hope my QB gets some time to show what he can do with his arm.
 :Big-Grin:
You're not the only one who wants to see what he can do.

To his credit, Driskel's doing okay and it's still early in his career starting games. He's had some nice drives and I've been impressed by his run game. I thought the O-line did a decent job vs Ball State, gave him more time to throw. Against Ball State he had 2 TDs, against FIU he had 1 TD. IMO if he wants to be "the guy" for us that needs to get up to 3-5 TDs/game... if he plateaus around 2 TDs a game total, we obviously have to move on.

And that is not entirely Driskel's fault, of course. If our receivers don't make more catches it might not matter who throws them. We seem to be saying we have potential playmakers on offense (like Pico Harrison, Nate Terry) but they're still on a learning curve. Consequently, we're so reliant on the running game.
Back to the top

Im not satisfied with where our offense is, but the offense does seem to be improving.  Also, the offense has a legitamate issue with the banged up O-Line to be able to utilize the entire playbook.

The defense however is an ENTIRELY different story, aside from the Miami game our D has looked incredibly soft.  I mean its head scratching…almost seems like these guys dont want to hit.  I 100% agree with the commentary above, scratch all of the schemes and just let these guys loose.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Someone said , we  can go three and out faster than any team in America. That happens a lot. That also kills the D. We have been poor on O and very poor on D. I would not be surprised to see my favorite QB transfer out.  Worked wonders for Jeffery Driiskel
Back to the top

walty12 said

The defense however is an ENTIRELY different story, aside from the Miami game our D has looked incredibly soft.  I mean its head scratching…almost seems like these guys don't want to hit.
Posted On: Oct 4th 2016, 5:17 PM #360573

Roc recently said that everything is going wrong right now.

…well

…what's the common denominator there

Back to the top

Notables from UNCC Head Coach Brad Lambert’s Owl Presser:

On FAU

"We're going down to FAU this week. It's a team we played in Charlotte in the conference opener last year. They're athletic and have a good defensive front. They have a few all-conference guys in the defensive line and the linebackers are playing extremely well. [Jason] Driskel is a good quarterback and they have a good running back. They have a big offensive line that was a challenge for us last year. We played them in the rain and might play them in the rain again, this year. It's going to be a tough challenge and one of the best things about football is that you don't get time to feel sorry for yourself. You need to get onto the next [game] and move fast."

On Preparing With a Hurricane Looming

"We're watching it but we just go through our normal routine and as we get closer we'll see if it affects our travel plans. As of right now, it doesn't look like it will, but who knows. It could affect our Friday walkthrough, depending on how much rain they get. We usually like to walk through the stadium, if we can, but if they get a bunch of rain we might not be able to do that."

On Kalif Phillip's Production

"I feel really good about Kalif [Phillips] right now. He's playing at a really high level and we need to continue to give him the ball. He needs to touch it as many times as we can give it to him. I've been proud of [lineman] Cameron Clark, a redshirt freshman that's playing pretty good for us. We need to continue to come together as a group up front and be physical – knock others off the ball. We've been pretty good at that. I think we've had a 100-yard rusher three times. It's something we can do and need to continue to do."
Back to the top

FAU has scheduled an update announcement for tomorrow regarding the UNCC contest. More to come at 11:00 AM.
Back to the top

FAU 🏈 will hit the road to avoid weather and stay on prep plan. Destination = Tampa. UNCC contest subject to change but not changed yet.
Back to the top
Control functions: