Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - October 9th, 2016

Add topic

The change in the game location or the game in Boca, either way , my weekend plans remain the same. Be safe Owls fans.
Back to the top

Game time/date not changed?

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Noon on Sunday and $FREE.99 for everyone!

Let's see if our crack marketing team does anything to promote to south Florida that we're playing Sunday and it's freaking free! Posting that the game is free on social media channels that only fau fans follow is NOT ENOUGH. 

Full page ads in the sentinel and post for sat and sun, make sure the news knows, if we're going to give it away, get 20k there! Every youth football player in the Tri county area should be at this game. 

We should be playing off of the whole hurricane angle, people have been trapped in their homes, are sick of their kids, we are giving anyone in the area a fun free Sunday afternoon event because FAU Cares. 
Back to the top

Anyone have details on how this will work for season ticket holders?
Back to the top

teambeer said

Noon on Sunday and $FREE.99 for everyone!

Let's see if our crack marketing team does anything to promote to south Florida that we're playing Sunday and it's freaking free! Posting that the game is free on social media channels that only fau fans follow is NOT ENOUGH. 

Full page ads in the sentinel and post for sat and sun, make sure the news knows, if we're going to give it away, get 20k there! Every youth football player in the Tri county area should be at this game. 

We should be playing off of the whole hurricane angle, people have been trapped in their homes, are sick of their kids, we are giving anyone in the area a fun free Sunday afternoon event because FAU Cares. 
Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 1:29 PM #360599

ditto

If well marketed, the stadium should be at least at 50% capacity.
Back to the top

there will be less than 5k at the game. I turn down free tickets for the marlins and panthers all the time. It's going against the NFL, dolphins etc. free tickets won push the needle. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 1:46 PM #360600

You get a ticket for each ticket you have for a future game.  But in my opinion, they should give us a credit on our accounts and NOT force us to use tickets for a game we are already going to be at.

This is not directed at you Delt...2 days ago people are done with this team and they are awful and we now think that giving free tickets will get 50% attendance with good marketing!  Not happening, lucky to get 5k.  Noon against the NFL is not a ticket for success.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 1:46 PM #360600

You get a ticket for each ticket you have for a future game.  But in my opinion, they should give us a credit on our accounts and NOT force us to use tickets for a game we are already going to be at.

This is not directed at you Delt...2 days ago people are done with this team and they are awful and we now think that giving free tickets will get 50% attendance with good marketing!  Not happening, lucky to get 5k.  Noon against the NFL is not a ticket for success.
Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 2:32 PM #360603

Agreed I would much rather turn in my ticket. My opinion keep Hyundai deck tickets the same open up the rest of stadium. Or give me a credit.

I think 5k is probably on the high end as well. 
Back to the top

Just confirmed.

Hyundai Deck is included in free admission.

There is no fee for parking.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Just confirmed.

Hyundai Deck is included in free admission.

There is no fee for parking.
Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 3:37 PM #360608

Everyone gets access to the Hyundai Deck?  Am I on Candid Camera? When are they building value for the longtime Season Ticket Holders?  

I received this in an email:

"As Season Ticket Holders, we will do our best to accommodate you in sitting in your seats if you'd like."  

WTF.

I am at a loss to understand this.  I know FAU reads this.  My questions is: Who the hell is in charge here?

I know what the answer will be. "We just had a hurricane, or we let everyone in because it was lightning."

I hope someone from FAU calls me on Monday because I am about to explode.  I will not make the call.  Someone needs to call me.
Back to the top
Control functions: