Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - October 9th, 2016

Add topic

It's not even worth getting angry at this point about the incompetence running athletics.  This is a move that is the final nail in the coffin for me.  It proves that everything about athletics has no value.  No brand, not competitive, no care for their customers etc.

I'm literally wondering what I can do to get some of my money back for donations I've made.

There is zero reason to have season tickets now.  Next season, I'll just wait until game day and buy a ticket on stub hub for pennies on the dollar.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

It's not even worth getting angry at this point about the incompetence running athletics.  This is a move that is the final nail in the coffin for me.  It proves that everything about athletics has no value.  No brand, not competitive, no care for their customers etc.

I'm literally wondering what I can do to get some of my money back for donations I've made.

There is zero reason to have season tickets now.  Next season, I'll just wait until game day and buy a ticket on stub hub for pennies on the dollar.
Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 7:58 PM #360616

That's what I've been doing. I still want to support the university so I don't mind buying tix at the box office but I'm done with season tix or mini packs until Chun and Partridge are relived of their duties and/or we start winning. The latter doesn't seem likely for a while.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Owl2Doc said

Just confirmed.

Hyundai Deck is included in free admission.

There is no fee for parking.
Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 3:37 PM #360608
Everyone gets access to the Hyundai Deck?  Am I on Candid Camera? When are they building value for the longtime Season Ticket Holders?

I received this in an email:

"As Season Ticket Holders, we will do our best to accommodate you in sitting in your seats if you'd like."

WTF.

I am at a loss to understand this.  I know FAU reads this.  My questions is: Who the hell is in charge here?

I know what the answer will be. "We just had a hurricane, or we let everyone in because it was lightning."

I hope someone from FAU calls me on Monday because I am about to explode.  I will not make the call.  Someone needs to call me.

Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 6:46 PM #360615

I agree, they don't protect their assets and their most valuable season ticketholders (sorry, but they make us pay a pretty hefty premium to sit their).  I will be complaining and telling them if I don't exchange the tickets I expect a credit on my account.  Hurricane is part of doing business, they bare the loss not me.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Owl2Doc said

Just confirmed.

Hyundai Deck is included in free admission.

There is no fee for parking.
Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 3:37 PM #360608

Everyone gets access to the Hyundai Deck?  Am I on Candid Camera? When are they building value for the longtime Season Ticket Holders?  

I received this in an email:

"As Season Ticket Holders, we will do our best to accommodate you in sitting in your seats if you'd like."  

WTF.

I am at a loss to understand this.  I know FAU reads this.  My questions is: Who the hell is in charge here?

I know what the answer will be. "We just had a hurricane, or we let everyone in because it was lightning."

I hope someone from FAU calls me on Monday because I am about to explode.  I will not make the call.  Someone needs to call me.
Posted On: Oct 7th 2016, 6:46 PM #360615

At least I know I'm not the only one upset by this decision now. 

I have always wondered what benefits there were to being a season ticket holder,  and I still can't figure out if there are any. 
Back to the top

Here is my thoughts on this issue and surprisingly I am not angry about this move at all.

I do understand how us as season ticket holders are upset and feel we are losing value in what we purchase.

Lets be real though the only thing and i mean the only thing that brings value to our tickets in the success on the field.

As the die hard we fans we on this forum are we go to the games for two reasons 1.To see our team win and 2. to enjoy that success with more OWL fans.

If hooters girls fanned me and fed me chicken wings and beer it wouldn't make the X amount i pay for tickets. parking, and donations any more valuable. We spend the money we do knowing that it will help the program and if we help the program it could help us enjoys some Saturdays during the year all the other stuff is just fluff.  

FAU is just trying to create some atmosphere for a game they are not expecting many at all.

On the FAU Facebook post on saw a guy ask if he could bring his little football team on around 20 and asked if they all could sit together. Yes!! Give the top of the line seats because i hope maybe one of the kids parents become fans barbecue of this.

Also despite of this complaining being 1-4, hating charlie, and the ticket office giving away free tickets we are die hards and we know (at least i know i will) buying season tickets next season.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Here is my thoughts on this issue and surprisingly I am not angry about this move at all.

I do understand how us as season ticket holders are upset and feel we are losing value in what we purchase.

Lets be real though the only thing and i mean the only thing that brings value to our tickets in the success on the field.

As the die hard we fans we on this forum are we go to the games for two reasons 1.To see our team win and 2. to enjoy that success with more OWL fans.

If hooters girls fanned me and fed me chicken wings and beer it wouldn't make the X amount i pay for tickets. parking, and donations any more valuable. We spend the money we do knowing that it will help the program and if we help the program it could help us enjoys some Saturdays during the year all the other stuff is just fluff.  

FAU is just trying to create some atmosphere for a game they are not expecting many at all.

On the FAU Facebook post on saw a guy ask if he could bring his little football team on around 20 and asked if they all could sit together. Yes!! Give the top of the line seats because i hope maybe one of the kids parents become fans barbecue of this.

Also despite of this complaining being 1-4, hating charlie, and the ticket office giving away free tickets we are die hards and we know (at least i know i will) buying season tickets next season.

Posted On: Oct 8th 2016, 11:48 AM #360632

My main reason for being upset was the way it was worded to the season ticket holders. I understand there are valid reasons for doing it.  It was poorly communicated.  I believe there will now be another message sent out to ticket holders clarifying the situation  :Winking:
Back to the top

This is for me only. I will not be buying season tickets next season. After having "invalid" tickets last game. And now "valueless" tickets. Sorry FAU, but you are becoming laughable.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

This is for me only. I will not be buying season tickets next season. After having "invalid" tickets last game. And now "valueless" tickets. Sorry FAU, but you are becoming laughable.

Posted On: Oct 8th 2016, 2:36 PM #360636

Great!  Thanks for coming, take care.
Back to the top

ANYBODY will be a fan of a WINNING program (think UM!), LOYAL fans stick through the thick and THIN (putting it nicely huh!). If these are your Owls or YOU are an Owl, stick it through - make LOTS of noise in the BAD timeS to the administration to fix it NOW, but stick through it!

Don't turn tale and hid or run away (YES IS SUCKS AND KINDA HAS FOR YEARS!) -
BUT STICK TO IT AND BE A LOYAL OWL!

And yes I understand EVERYONE on here's frustration and you have heard mine as well!

GO OWLS - KICK CHARLOTTE'S A–!
Back to the top

I will continue to buy baseball season tickets. They have earned all the support they get. I will also buy my game by game tickets. I will simply not be buying season tickets. I the last two games, my season tickets , that FAU sent me, in the tower, were deemed "invalid". My seats for this game now have a value of zero. If FAU  football wants my business, they need to earn it. I feel a little like a chump buying season tickets, then buying more tickets to get into a game. Trust me, if you guys were in my shoes, you would all be pi–ed. My wife will never go to another game after her first experience in two years with FAU football. We have the wrong people in charge. From the top through the coaching staff. Our team will be playing in an empty stadium on Sunday . Don't put the blame on fans that are sick or getting sick quickly of this program. I'm loyal but not stupid.
Back to the top
Control functions: