Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Marshall Game Thread - October 15th, 2016

Add topic

I got news for you....they both suck.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Admin. Question, why if the post says Guest User "Mark" does it show up in quotes as Hoot2020?  
Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 6:40 PM #361000

Looks like a bug…
Back to the top

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Admin. Question, why if the post says Guest User "Mark" does it show up in quotes as Hoot2020?  
Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 6:40 PM #361000

Looks like a bug…

Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 7:24 PM #361009

No bigee just wondering.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

Mark said

Marshall scored TEN points in the second half last year, including its last score of a FG with 9:46 to go in the 4th qtr. to make it a 13 point game.  Not sure where the 'running the score up' comment came from, but that's obviously false.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 1:27 PM #360985
Trying to run up the score…clarification noted.

Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 3:50 PM #360991

marshall got the ball back at its own 15 yard with 8:07 left in the 4th quarter and proceeded to run the ball 14 consecutive times until taking a knee to end the game.  Obviously not an attempt to score late.  I think your coach was upset that we ran the ball 14 straight times, ate up 8:07 on the clock, and the defense couldn't stop it.   We even ran on a 3rd and 12 during that drive and gained 14 for the first down.

Good luck on Saturday. We are not playing well at all right now. 
Back to the top

Banker said

Obviously not an attempt to score late.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 8:55 PM #361015

:Laughing:

You called a 4th down timeout with :32 seconds left, and then threw a pass on the next play.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree.

Thanks for stopping in, and hope to see you and other Herd fans on game day here as well.

:)
Back to the top

Rick said

Banker said

Obviously not an attempt to score late.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 8:55 PM #361015

:Laughing:

You called a 4th down timeout with :32 seconds left, and then threw a pass on the next play.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree.

Thanks for stopping in, and hope to see you and other Herd fans on game day here as well.

:)

Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 9:24 PM #361016

Who cares? Stop them i am all for running up the score in conference.
If they faked a knee a threw a bomb up 100 and scored that's on us.
Charlie leads a soft football team, so you get crying when someone tries to score.  
Back to the top

How are we handling trying to get a stop late in the game when ya pretty much know they are gonna run. MOST other teams put 9 in the box to stuff it and get the ball back. Ya may as well cause without a stop it is the ballgame anyhow!
Back to the top

Oh, And those nine PENETRATE TO STUFF THE RUN AND DON'T WAIT ON THE BALL CARRIER!
Back to the top

The play was 4th and 2 at around your 25. The timeout was to discuss going with a hard count to get your line to jump, which it did.  The fact that we had a true freshman QB meant that he then did what he had been taught, on a "free play" chuck the ball.  It wasn't a called pass play, if we wanted to pass and try to score again we could have done it on any of the previous 12 plays in the drive.  We could have bush league and kick the FG on the last play if we wanted more points, or we could have taken a shot at the endzone on the first down after the penalty.  Instead, we took a knee.  It would seem strange that a team trying to run up the score would take a knee to end the game.

Wont be be on here game day.  We start tailgating at 2:00 and I won't get home till about 90 minutes after the game ends, but like I said, good luck.  I'm hoping for a good game and no injuries. 
Back to the top

@Banker, you said Marshall hasn't been playing well. Don't worry. FAU has been correcting that problem for teams all season.
Back to the top
Control functions: