Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WKU @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 29th, 2016

Add topic

Pelini was never accepted by the south Florida insiders.  He was not political.  He was a good football coach despite his transgressions.  After Pelini, the hire of Partridge made sense.  He is well liked and well connected in south Florida.

Partridge has done well using his Florida connections to recruit players and advance fundraising.  However his same Florida insider connections have failed in building a staff.  He hired a receiver coach because the guy happened to have a last name (Shula).  He hired a offensive coordinator (Trickett) who has a daddy coaching at FSU.  Now look at the passing game.  Seems to me that he hires assistant coaches based on politics, not based on who can coach.
Back to the top

kim said

Pelini was never accepted by the south Florida insiders.  He was not political.  He was a good football coach despite his transgressions.  After Pelini, the hire of Partridge made sense.  He is well liked and well connected in south Florida.

Partridge has done well using his Florida connections to recruit players and advance fundraising.  However his same Florida insider connections have failed in building a staff.  He hired a receiver coach because the guy happened to have a last name (Shula).  He hired a offensive coordinator (Trickett) who has a daddy coaching at FSU.  Now look at the passing game.  Seems to me that he hires assistant coaches based on politics, not based on who can coach.
Posted On: Nov 5th 2016, 9:45 AM #362049

Corey Bell is FAU recruiting.
Pelini wasn't a good coach.
I do agree when we look back a Charlie hiring poor assistants is what would ultimately fail him.
Back to the top

It is not thew hiring of these guys, it is the loyalty to THEM and not the program. You have to be willing to accept your mistakes and CORRECT them to be successful!

Many a HC has lost a job due to this!
Back to the top
Control functions: