Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Brass balls

Already received my season ticket renewal package for next year. 

The back of the envelope has the big OWL IN logo and it got me thinking, and it got me thinking, is the administration truly "OWL IN?"

I'm going to take the next couple days to seriously consider an email to PK surrounding the continued underperformance of the FB team, what i see as a rudderless ship called athletics, and the audacity for athletics and FAU to ask for my money after another 3-9 season. 

I am truly not renewing anything until change is made, I'll wait until they give tickets away like they have been if I have to. 

Besides the money, this is a significant time investment I'm finding is not worth it. 
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Already received my season ticket renewal package for next year. 

The back of the envelope has the big OWL IN logo and it got me thinking, and it got me thinking, is the administration truly "OWL IN?"

I'm going to take the next couple days to seriously consider an email to PK surrounding the continued underperformance of the FB team, what i see as a rudderless ship called athletics, and the audacity for athletics and FAU to ask for my money after another 3-9 season. 

I am truly not renewing anything until change is made, I'll wait until they give tickets away like they have been if I have to. 

Besides the money, this is a significant time investment I'm finding is not worth it. 

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2016, 3:42 PM #362828

The business of ticket sales does not stop after bad seasons.  It took them over 10 years to create a proper ticketing cycle.   They send out renewals now so they know by April what their inventory is.  Your choice is not to renew.  Don't get mad that they are finally running the ticket department professionally.  The Dolphins start asking for renewals during the season. This is standard operating procedure.

Back to the top

@Sigep77… Me too and I feel exactly the same way. I am shocked that I got this before the end of the season. I think they send them out after the last home game but I actually chuckled when I saw it.This season, I could find few to attend the games with me. Had ticket trouble. Watched the number 100 and something team in the nation for the  who knows how many consecutive years. They are very ba–sy. I already made up my mind to wait and think about next season and that is what I am doing. I will still give my token donation. But football is a sport that could do without. I found myself making time to attend instead of looking forward to it. They need to sell me a better product.
Back to the top

After what will be another 3-9 dumpster fire of a season.
I won't renew until they fire partridge.

It's a joke I'm tired of hearing how good the your guys are doing in practice to see them lose by 49 during homecoming in year three.

I hope you're reading this FAU staff.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2016, 5:50 PM #362832

Best news I have heard all day!  Happy Thanksgiving to me!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think every little thing gets magnified when we are losing.  Annoying little things seem like big annoying things.  I have been guilty of this myself.

Renewal forms have to go out. That's what the ticket folks do...they try to sell tickets, and should try to sell tickets.  What are the options? We lay off those who sell tickets and do nothing? Do we tell the ticket reps to hide under their desks because we had a bad season?

If a company's stock plummets 20% in a day, do they quit trying to conduct business because the stockholders are upset or do they try to improve performance?

We do not know what the results will be for sending out renewals, but we certainly know the results if they don't send them out. 

Take a deep breath everyone.

There will not be a single person on this earth who will decide not to renew their tickets because they received their renewal notice too soon.  There are plenty of other reasons not to renew: waste of your time spent, poor performance, etc. I get that.

Whatever the reason people may choose to renew or not renew is their personal business and all have valid reasons for doing so, but to expect FAU to stop conducting business because they had a bad football season is a little ridiculous. 

Owls Up.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2016, 7:48 PM #362833

I'm going to scalp a ticket every game and sit next you.

Maybe you will learn a thing or two about football.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

dusky256fc said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2016, 7:48 PM #362833

I'm going to scalp a ticket every game and sit next you.

Maybe you will learn a thing or two about football.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2016, 8:11 PM #362835

😂😂😂

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Real World said

The business of ticket sales does not stop after bad seasons.  It took them over 10 years to create a proper ticketing cycle.   They send out renewals now so they know by April what their inventory is.  Your choice is not to renew.  Don't get mad that they are finally running the ticket department professionally.  The Dolphins start asking for renewals during the season. This is standard operating procedure.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2016, 5:11 PM #362829

Pretty sure the initial topic post has absolutely nothing to do with the automated ticket process itself.

It's about taking the the time to get to know your base, then communicating with them a little less informally when you post three straight 3-9 seasons and allow people into an area they paid hundreds of extra dollars to be in for free.

BTW, the inventory management process can't be that hard since they only have about 500 people to consider and the stadium holds 30K.
Back to the top

fauowl said

I think every little thing gets magnified when we are losing.  Annoying little things seem like big annoying things.  I have been guilty of this myself.

Renewal forms have to go out. That's what the ticket folks do...they try to sell tickets, and should try to sell tickets.  What are the options? We lay off those who sell tickets and do nothing? Do we tell the ticket reps to hide under their desks because we had a bad season?

If a company's stock plummets 20% in a day, do they quit trying to conduct business because the stockholders are upset or do they try to improve performance?

We do not know what the results will be for sending out renewals, but we certainly know the results if they don't send them out. 

Take a deep breath everyone.

There will not be a single person on this earth who will decide not to renew their tickets because they received their renewal notice too soon.  There are plenty of other reasons not to renew: waste of your time spent, poor performance, etc. I get that.

Whatever the reason people may choose to renew or not renew is their personal business and all have valid reasons for doing so, but to expect FAU to stop conducting business because they had a bad football season is a little ridiculous. 

Owls Up.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2016, 8:10 PM #362834

As usual the voice of reason.  Is it a bit annoying yes, but it's good business.

We will get past this mess, hang in there guys…except OC you should quit.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: