Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

Houston OC Major Applewhite

Learned from Nick Saban and Mack Brown. Credited with being the actual driving force in Houston. May be looking for a job anyway since Tom Herman going to Texas and is not going with him. Has comparable experience of building a winning program around our level (Houston). Not sure if he recruits Florida but if so could get us Florida and Texas.
Back to the top

Folks think I'm crazy, but we should give Charlie Strong a call…I think he would love to be back in Florida…..probably won't take the call, but we need to reach hard with an increasing salary, new practice facilities, and a new stadium…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Houston OC Major Applewhite

Learned from Nick Saban and Mack Brown. Credited with being the actual driving force in Houston. May be looking for a job anyway since Tom Herman going to Texas and is not going with him. Has comparable experience of building a winning program around our level (Houston). Not sure if he recruits Florida but if so could get us Florida and Texas.
Posted On: Nov 27th 2016, 1:31 PM #363078

Pretty good idea there - and an O man - modern football you need to score points. The D approach has gotten us what this year?????
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

Folks think I'm crazy, but we should give Charlie Strong a call…I think he would love to be back in Florida…..probably won't take the call, but we need to reach hard with an increasing salary, new practice facilities, and a new stadium…..
Posted On: Nov 27th 2016, 1:34 PM #363079

You're not the only one - think oc40 was campaigning for him as well. I'm sure the name will come up a couple more times.

Still, dude was making $5M at Texas. That'd be a hell of a step-down even if we double our current salary. That would be an incredible get for FAU but I don't think him, Les Miles, or even some of the coordinators at places like Michigan are realistically within out grasp.
Back to the top

Well, there might be some potential in considering Major Applewhite.

He's currently involved in a lawsuit against Texas so Tom Herman could run into issues while trying to bring Applewhite along.
Back to the top

It looks like DC Luke Fickel from Ohio State might be the guy according to ESPN's Adam Rittenberg.
Back to the top

I doubt Charlie Strong as he's due to make almost $11 mil unless he takes another job.

I'd give Applewhite a shot however he could be in the running for the Houston job.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

It looks like DC Luke Fickel from Ohio State might be the guy according to ESPN's Adam Rittenberg.
Posted On: Nov 27th 2016, 2:06 PM #363088

He was mentioned 3 year ago as well, but getting a coordinator from a Top 2 team would be huge to me.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

A D guy but what a D - very young and NOT making constant excuses for their "youth"!

And recruits S. Florida for them - very well i might ad! Not that recruiting to Ohio St. is a tough job.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

F this.  If this is true fire Chun.  I'm sick of Chun and his lame OSU connections. If Fickell was worth anything he would have been gone already.  Get rid of Chun.  Tired of every 1st name on coaching searches coming from OSU.  Quut sending out resumes Chun and do your job Chun and look somewhere other than OSU.  This isn't Ohio, no one here cares about OSU.  
Back to the top
Control functions: