Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Partridge's Parting Tweet Message to FAU Fans, Friends, Coworkers, and Players

Partridge's Parting Tweet Mesage to FAU Fans, Friends Coworkers and Players
Back to the top

Classy as you would expect.  I wish nothing but good things for Coach Partridge.  He did a lot of things well here, unfortunately he just couldn't win enough games.   
Back to the top

The irony in this is that he accomplished things no other coach could accomplish that are more important than winning hands down:

1. Best ever Team GPA.

2. Highest community service involvement of any Team.

But the world only truly cares about one thing - and that is wins - when it boils down to it.

Back to the top

Rick said

The irony in this is that he accomplished things no other coach could accomplish that are more important than winning hands down:

1. Best ever Team GPA.

2. Highest community service involvement of any Team.

But the world only truly cares about one thing - and that is wins - when it boils down to it.

Posted On: Nov 28th 2016, 8:16 AM #363160

If he had gotten 5 wins this year I think he would have been given that year. I think if we had a better DC we would have had 5 or 6 wins this year. Their inability to get off the field in the 4th quarter was killing us.
Back to the top

Agreed.  I think even 5 wins would have been enough.  There was just no on-field progress to point to that could have saved his job.  This year's schedule was set up perfectly to have a breakout season and it didn't happen.  You just can't lose to Ball State and Charlotte at home.  
Back to the top

It's not that simple.  Not all wins and losses are created equal.  We didn't have a single quality win this season, not one.  We were losing games in record setting - embarrassing fashion.  

Guys, MTSU scored 77 and could have easily scored 90+ if they wanted to.  MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE.  

Charlie seems like a good guy, he will land on his feet I am sure making more money than probably anybody on this board coaching college football.  Let's wish him well and move forward.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Let's wish him well and move forward.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2016, 9:42 AM #363173

That's what this thread was for?

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

He already has a job, Rutgers working for Chris Ash...well done charlie!
Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

Let's wish him well and move forward.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2016, 9:42 AM #363173

That's what this thread was for?

:Big-Grin:

Posted On: Nov 28th 2016, 9:49 AM #363174

Yea, I am pointing out that I don't think this was a cutthroat "You must win X games or you're fired" situation.  He could've won 3 games this year and probably came back for a 4th year.  My point is…you can't lose games the WAY we were losing games.  

Back to the top

teambeer said

He already has a job, Rutgers working for Chris Ash…well done charlie!
Posted On: Nov 28th 2016, 10:08 AM #363176

Perfect, aside from having to live in New Jersey sounds great.  I think Rutgers had a few teams score 70 on them this year so he should fit right in.

Back to the top
Control functions: