Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED: Former FSU QB De'Andre Johnson Commits to FAU Soar17

Add topic

Owl2Doc said

owlcountry40 said

Well he just committed!!!
I really wonder how the three other QB's on the roster will react.

Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 10:18 AM #364646

Five, technically, but I don't think anybody on the board here can name the other two ;)

And besides Driskell, Parr and Frank (current 3) we have commitments from Justice McCoy and Jack Walker. No way all 3 sign.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 10:47 AM #364653

Well if you think about it doesn't effect Walker and McCoy. They come in redshirt. I am going to assume Parr or/both Frank will probably transfer out. Driskell and Johnson will be Juniors when they are Redshirt freshman. I could see both of them sticking
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

…but I don't think anybody on the board here can name the other two ;)
Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 10:47 AM #364653

Daniel Parr
Jason Driskel
Joshua Cartwright
Steven Frank
Trent Wessel

:Winking:
Back to the top

I could see that.

But… would Kiffin honor the offers on 3 QBs? That's obviously taking away scholarships from other positions of need.

Right now 247 lists 13 commitments. Small class. 3 QBs I'd roughly 23% of your scholarships for the class (if 13 is indeed our cap, I don't know what it is)

That's the other angle other than recruit interest. No doubt all 3 QBs want to play for him. But that's a hell of a logjam.
Back to the top

I've seen DeAndre in action.  This is almost as exciting as hearing LK is the new HC.  Driskel is going to be back up if he stays.  I just don't see him winning starting QB over Johnson.  Doubt Trickett stays.  I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time but I see LK bringing in his own DC and OC.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Just to give the credit to the right person this one was Trickett' s doing
Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 10:39 AM #364651

I do think Trickett should stay on the staff
Back to the top

LawOwl said

owlcountry40 said

Just to give the credit to the right person this one was Trickett' s doing
Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 10:39 AM #364651

I do think Trickett should stay on the staff
Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 11:13 AM #364667

It would be huge for him professionally.
Back to the top

Trickett isn't and shouldn't stay he should go call play's somewhere because that's what he is good at.

He will land on his feet because he is a good coach.

The only two guys who should stay are Justice because he did a great job with the oline down the stretch despite all the injuries and Corey Bell because of his recruiting abilities.
Back to the top

I think a couple people will transfer out, and a few LK probably won't keep all the current recruits, I'd imagine a few spots will open up, making this recruiting class bigger than anticipated.
Back to the top

Regarding all the QBs on (or possibly going to be on) the roster, I haven't seen all of them but I do know many non-P5 schools don't mind bringing in top athletes with the idea if they don't work out they are capable of playing other positions like DB, WR, etc.  From what I am seeing at lots of FL high schools, often the best athlete on the team is playing QB mainly because he is the best athlete on the team.

Many of these guys sound like they might not really be up for that and are looking for a chance to compete at QB, but like one of the other threads started talking about it is never bad to have lots of good players/athletes.  The problem at QB always is in convincing them they can contribute at another position.
Back to the top

This guy had THIRTY FIVE D1 offers.

:Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared:

Let that sink in…

Ok, it's in.

Go Owls!

:Laughing:
Back to the top
Control functions: