Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

DONE DEAL: Lane Kiffin to FAU!

USMCOWL said

Owlguin said

I will be interested to see what he does on the defensive side of the ball, which is where most of the problem was this year.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 12:33 PM #364389

i see him keeping on trickett at least for this season but him calling the plays. Probably bring in a new DC though. I say look at the linebackers coach from Penn State, or possiblity one of the Assistant Defensive coaches from Bama.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 12:38 PM #364391

I was thinking the same thing, keep trickett who had a low salary and shows promise seeing as he improved our offense against all odds and kiff calls the plays anyway. Use extra salary money to make a big hire at DC. 
Back to the top

He's going to call Papa Monte in to run the defense
Back to the top

fauprowler said

This is the real shot in the arm that this program needed!

Recruiting has been great!

I guess I will get season tickets again because the talent here was enough to take UF Gators to OT and rule the stats that game (technically won it but hey I'm not bitter the SEC refs in the swamp can't see blatant Pass Interference Calls TWICE during OT - one threw our guy down by the shoulder pads in the end zone with no call).

Our team can win in fits and spurts and something tells me with some of the best guidance that football can offer (Alabama is a pretty substantial force in the college football world so this does make FAU more relevant) … we may actually see a team that was guided better in the second halves of games especially.

That's a large part of where I feel we faltered.  Adjustments weren't made on our side of the ball whereas the other football team coach reflected on the other team (us) and made some quick proper adjustments when the break came.  Of course, injuries made a mess of this season, too

But this is exciting!  Lane Kiffin OC from Alabama as our new HC.

Great job Pat Chun.

GO OWLS!   :Yawn:
Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 12:34 PM #364390

CONTENT REMOVED

Solicitation is not allowed unless you are a sponsor, thank you.

Rick
Back to the top

Wow!! Best believe I will be flying down from NYC to head to Boca on Saturdays as much as I can now. Was in meetings all morning, come back to my office to check updates -- and BAM. Certainly made my day.
Back to the top

Is OC40 dead??? 
Back to the top

Will be very curious to see the contract. Hopefully the assistant pool is raised as well.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

teambeer said

Is OC40 dead??? 
Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 1:09 PM #364399

Haha, its been so long since he has had something positive to say…I dont think he knows how.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

dusky256fc said

David Slavic said

fauowl said

If FAU would have made a decision faster like most wanted, we could have had Mario a couple of weeks ago 
Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 11:04 AM #364362

I've always said that Chun is an absolute genius.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 11:06 AM #364365

:Laughing:  :Laughing:
Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 12:14 PM #364386

I'll have to eat my crow and admit Chun is the man and came thru.  Nice job Pat
Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 12:28 PM #364387

I find it interesting Chun's twitter account has said nothing since Thursday.
Back to the top

voss749 said

I find it interesting Chun's twitter account has said nothing since Thursday.

Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 1:38 PM #364407

Why? He isn't allowed to.

Back to the top

Hoppy said

He's going to call Papa Monte in to run the defense
Posted On: Dec 12th 2016, 12:47 PM #364393

Here comes the Tampa two…..I wouldn't mind that at all…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: