Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin's Coaching Staff

faufan300 said

Roc is definitely gone.  No way we can win games giving 40+ points.  

Yep! I think everybody is in agreement that Roc needs to go.

faufan300 said

Keep Trickett and Jared Allen.  

Not sure if this was related to the fact that Kiffin was supposed to interview current staff via phone last night but Jared Allen tweeted out, "Relevant to my own life. God is good!"

If he stays, dude is a straight survivor. Maybe our head coach one day. Nobody would want it more, to quote Chun.

teambeer said

Doc, I think Driskell will surprise next year. QBs usually aren't very good until their Jr year, it's a really complex and difficult position. Think back to Graham Wilbert…that guy went from the worst qb in America to a pretty decent one in one season. Now, if Johnson transfers in, those boys better watch out, he's the truth.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 6:10 AM #364606

True, especially with Kiffin's background of developing quarterbacks. He needs new guidance.

There's the battle between Driskell and Parr and now Steven Frank could be a contender too.

That's without knowing for sure if Johnson will truly end up here or if Kiffin will persuade some disenchanted 4/5 star QB to transfer here because obviously if that happens that guy gets the nod.
Back to the top

According to Football Scoop, Travis Trickett has already found a new job as OC for Georgia State.  Good for him…I hope he does well there.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

According to Football Scoop, Travis Trickett has already found a new job as OC for Georgia State.  Good for him…I hope he does well there.  
Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 2:39 PM #364704

Wish him the Best of Luck!! I liked Travis, and will continue to do good things.

Back to the top

Lots of changes on the coaching staff. Allen gone, Trickett gone , Hurd gone, and most of the D coaches. Writting was on the wall
Back to the top

I honestly think this is good for Jared Allen I want him to coach somewhere else to prove himself he would have not have grown to the next level staying at one school.

I hope he gets chances a couple different places and maybe can come back in the future.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I honestly think this is good for Jared Allen I want him to coach somewhere else to prove himself he would have not have grown to the next level staying at one school.

I hope he gets chances a couple different places and maybe can come back in the future.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 4:09 PM #364715

I've thought this for a while.  Coaching experience at different places would be good for his career.  Hopefully he can climb the ranks and come back here at some point to lead the program.  Sort of like Harbaugh on a smaller scale.  He went to coach at multiple schools before returning to his alma mater.
Back to the top

Lane is keeping Justice (good move with the oline in so much flux) and Corey Bell because well he can get ant DB in Miami Dade county he wants.
Back to the top

I think Justice was the best coach last season. He was working with so little and the line performed OK. We still have huge needs on the line, but that is a position where a quick fix is difficult. Nice to see Lane realized Coach Justice's effort.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I think Justice was the best coach last season. He was working with so little and the line performed OK. We still have huge needs on the line, but that is a position where a quick fix is difficult. Nice to see Lane realized Coach Justice's effort.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 4:26 PM #364722

I mean we lost our top guys right out of the gate…crazy!

We should be pretty darn good next year in that spot.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Dec 14th 2016, 4:09 PM #364715

Same. Been saying this for awhile. Good luck to him!
Back to the top
Control functions: