Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tailgating in the Various FAU Stadium Parking Lots

voss749 said

Only issue we had is when the SG president parked in my moms assigned space one time.

The next time someone parked in my moms assigned space we had the car towed. Yes they do tow cars who park in red lot without a hang tag.

Posted On: Dec 21st 2016, 4:51 PM #365030

I watched them tow a car from the red lot and drop it in the silver.  I was told the guy refused to move his car when he was told he couldn't park there so when he left they moved it for him.  They could have towed it away so he was actually quite lucky.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

voss749 said

Only issue we had is when the SG president parked in my moms assigned space one time.

The next time someone parked in my moms assigned space we had the car towed. Yes they do tow cars who park in red lot without a hang tag.

Posted On: Dec 21st 2016, 4:51 PM #365030

I watched them tow a car from the red lot and drop it in the silver.  I was told the guy refused to move his car when he was told he couldn't park there so when he left they moved it for him.  They could have towed it away so he was actually quite lucky.
Posted On: Dec 21st 2016, 5:51 PM #365031

Meanwhile, FAU demands an arm and a leg if you park in the wrong lot during the school day  :Crying:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

That is why I told Owlsdad to park in the silver lot. Right across the street and rarely any issues. Some day, when the attendance increases and more parking is needed, I can fore see a problem in the silver lot with people parking in one spot and tailgating in two more. Hopefully some day FAU will need to make a policy on this issue. Not a problem yet.
Back to the top

On the topic of tailgating in general, I am used to parking and having room to setup a table or two (with TV and generator), tent, grill, etc.  Is that relatively standard and possible/encouraged in the Silver (or Red) lots?  The generator I would typically setup 20 feet or so away. I didn't pay that much attention when we were last on campus, but I don't recall much green space around the parking lots that I think are the ones you guys are talking about. And not sure about room to set that kind of deal up in the middle of a "standard" parking lot. 

Thanks for all the replies!
Back to the top

That is what I  am referencing. Basically out lots are lots. Not like northern universities. To set up tents etc., you should use the perimeter of the lot,where grass and trees are located. But the way it is today , tents etc are set up in parking spots. Partially blocking the traffic lanes. The parking capacity is greatly reduced because of this. Not an issue yet because of lack of need. But down the road this may become a problem. The silver lot "true tailgaters arrive early, Set up their tents in the non traffic area and there is no problem. You will most likely just be on grass . Not many mature trees. Remember, that campus area is not a hundred years old. Trees are newish.
Back to the top

I think you're right, particularly with the silver lot, that demand will eventually drive some enforcement of the tailgating rules there. As I understand how they're written today, you are supposed to set up your tents etc in the lane behind your vehicle.

I would love to see all of that grassy area to the north of the lot, facing the fancy dorms, used for tents and set up. Imagine that filled up either side of the sidewalk all the way down with people partying, it'd be great. Currently folks arrive 4 hours early to set up on the grass as you enter the lot but there are still a ton of places to have room and enjoy. 

We use a generator at our tailgate and keep it in front of the truck, it's a silent one so have never gotten a complaint but technically I'm not sure if they're allowed, they weren't at one point. Rules enforcement varies. I was not allowed in before the 4 hour mark at our last game but previous ones I'd show up 4 hours early and there'd be 30 people already cooking. Oh fau…
Back to the top

The one that parked in our space they towed to lot 12. Which is close to the police station. Im sure they were ticketed as well. Tow truck services are not free.
Back to the top

Two frustrations with parking

1. If a lot isn't sold out by season tickets holders you should be able to buy a parking pass to that lot.  If I have a friend who can only make a couple games a year he/she should be able to buy single game parking passes to a lot, so we can tailgate with our cars/ trucks together. I understand if you don't this with an OSF lot, but there is no reason someone shouldn't be able to buy a parking pass to the orange and silver lot on during the week of the game. If there is lets say 300 spots in the orange lot and 200 are taking up by season ticket holders why not just sell the other 100?

2. The 4 hour rule is awful!!!!! Lets start with that might be the weakest tailgate times in the country.
Many of us have been to schools you can start on Thursday in some lots.
Some games my friends and I could roll in early and couple other games we had parking Nazi's (who work for the school) not letting people roll in 15-30 min early to set up.  How many people are we talking when it comes to parking early at FAU? A couple hundred maybe?

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Two frustrations with parking

1. If a lot isn't sold out by season tickets holders you should be able to buy a parking pass to that lot.  If I have a friend who can only make a couple games a year he/she should be able to buy single game parking passes to a lot, so we can tailgate with our cars/ trucks together. I understand if you don't this with an OSF lot, but there is no reason someone shouldn't be able to buy a parking pass to the orange and silver lot on during the week of the game. If there is lets say 300 spots in the orange lot and 200 are taking up by season ticket holders why not just sell the other 100?

2. The 4 hour rule is awful!!!!! Lets start with that might be the weakest tailgate times in the country.
Many of us have been to schools you can start on Thursday in some lots.
Some games my friends and I could roll in early and couple other games we had parking Nazi's (who work for the school) not letting people roll in 15-30 min early to set up.  How many people are we talking when it comes to parking early at FAU? A couple hundred maybe?

Posted On: Dec 22nd 2016, 9:54 AM #365060

1) +100 perhaps restrict the single game passes to the east side of the silver lot where fewer people are parked anyway.

2) A looser lot specifically for tailgating would be cool.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Parking Guru said

Red lot requires a donation to OSF of $500 minimum (I think), but your spot is designated and it's same each game.

The Silver (east lot) and Yellow (west lot) are close to the stadium are generally the season ticketholder lots.

These 3 lots are the closest lots on the south side of the stadium.  Call the athletic department for the best information.
Posted On: Dec 21st 2016, 3:17 PM #365025

The Yellow lot is far and empty.
They were using that lot for the young alumni season ticket package (which they do not advertise at all) even though more young alumni just parked in orange because even though it wasn't a "cash'' lot they just let many pay and driver over to that lot.

Orange and silver lots are your best bet for your being with the most season ticket holders and always having some solid groups around you.
Posted On: Dec 21st 2016, 4:02 PM #365027

What young alumni package? 
Back to the top
Control functions: