Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin Taking Unfair Heat on Johnson Commitment & Briles Hiring

teambeer said

Kiffin has seen the "advisor" role really take shape under Saban. Sark is a perfect example of someone who couldn't really get a job after what happened at USC and next thing ya know, he's an "advisor" to the Alabama staff. 

Pretty low risk and tons of upside. I wouldn't be surprised to see Art in a similar role and frankly, not many people care about FAU enough for it to be news for more than 5 minutes. 

Funny how Lane mentions wanting to avoid bad press and protests at games…ha ha he really hasn't been to a game before! A group of 12 protestors managed to get our incompetent president to turn on the stadium sponsorship but it wasn't for massive pressure, she was just inept.
Posted On: Dec 31st 2016, 9:19 AM #365298

The "advisor" role is a great thing for the schools with the money. There are only so many "coaches" allowed so they can call them "advisors" and build a heck of a staff.  Wouldn't be surprised to see an "advisor" or two in our future.  

I have to disagree on the ineptness of the past president. She was not given the proper help to handle the media and lacked those skills, but she was flat out the one responsible for finally getting the stadium built.  It wasn't just built under her presidency. SHE was the one who got it done as soon as she took over.
Back to the top

Attention OwlNation:

The recent account set up on Twitter @CoachLaneFAU is a fake account. 

His real account is @Lane_Kiffin.

Confirmed by Lane Kiffin. :cool:
Back to the top

fauowl said

The "advisor" role is a great thing for the schools with the money. There are only so many "coaches" allowed so they can call them "advisors" and build a heck of a staff.  Wouldn't be surprised to see an "advisor" or two in our future.  

Looking forward to it. Have we ever had offensive and/or defensive "analysts"?
Back to the top

Back to the top

Much of the online reporting is done by "journalists" who have little or no training in research, reporting techniques, ethics (most important) and legal. You don't need a license to be a reporter, just an avenue. They don't know the difference bwteen an unbiased news story and an opinion piece, which is supposed to be labeled as such. TV has become almost as messy.

It's sad but it goes all the way to the top, with Donald Trump firing off on Twitter on a daily basis without doing his homework. Meanwhile, many trained and experienced journalists find themselves laid off, unemployed, working in unrelated fields or burned out. Without real journalism, our country fails.
Back to the top

bmarkey said

Much of the online reporting is done by "journalists" who have little or no training in research, reporting techniques, ethics (most important) and legal. You don't need a license to be a reporter, just an avenue. They don't know the difference bwteen an unbiased news story and an opinion piece, which is supposed to be labeled as such. TV has become almost as messy.

It's sad but it goes all the way to the top, with Donald Trump firing off on Twitter on a daily basis without doing his homework. Meanwhile, many trained and experienced journalists find themselves laid off, unemployed, working in unrelated fields or burned out. Without real journalism, our country fails.
Posted On: Jan 1st 2017, 2:15 PM #365335

Great post and I 100% agree. How stuff the the Enquirer, Examiner or Globe legally can print 100% made up rubish I don't get. And now "false news"  - what the freak is that??? I do know it could get us all killed with World "leaders" like N. Korea and now the US.

Ethics in journalism, honestly in journalism, truth in journalism, research - what is that anymore!
Back to the top

You know what they say about opinions and ——–, everyone has one. Lane has earned the opportunity to be a head coach and I will support him every way I can. Let me tell you a secret that everybody knows. Successful people push things to the limit. Some times there is a fine line that they try not to cross. A  very fine line. I have no problem with any moves that FAU or Coach Kiffen has made. Totally excited about next season.
Back to the top

Why anyone  listens to finebaum baffles me. The guy is an sec homer who knows nothing. 

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

Back to the top

Unless there is tape of him saying it, I'm certain it never happen.
Back to the top
Control functions: