Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Watch party should Alabama make it to the NC game?

Who's up for meeting somewhere to watch our incoming coach should 'Bama win today?

Hijinks would be my first pick, with The Tilted Kilt being second; both in Boca Raton.

Any takers?  The first steps towards the best college football atmosphere starts today…
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Who's up for meeting somewhere to watch our incoming coach should 'Bama win today?

Hijinks would be my first pick, with The Tilted Kilt being second; both in Boca Raton.

Any takers?  The first steps towards the best college football atmosphere starts today…

Posted On: Dec 31st 2016, 4:36 PM #365325

No thanks.  I hate Alabama.  Hope they lose so Kiffen gets to work tomorrow.
Back to the top

Come on man, it's not about Alabama but about Kiffin.

Having the offensive coordinator of back to back national championship winners as the Owls head coach carries a ton of weight for recruiting, national exposure, and the future of our program.

I get the Bama hate, but an investment of one more week will pay huge dividends for FAU. A lot more than starting one week earlier.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Come on man, it's not about Alabama but about Kiffin.

Having the offensive coordinator of back to back national championship winners as the Owls head coach carries a ton of weight for recruiting, national exposure, and the future of our program.

I get the Bama hate, but an investment of one more week will pay huge dividends for FAU. A lot more than starting one week earlier.

Go Owls!
Posted On: Dec 31st 2016, 5:58 PM #365327

Agree 100%. It's Huge!
Back to the top

Check out the free FAU/Coach K publicity here;

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lane-kiffin-playing-with-his-kids-in-confetti-is-the-cutest-thing-youll-see-today/

Gotta get those kids some proper gear ASAWANC (As Soon AS Alabama Wins ANOTHER National CHAMPIONSHIP)!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Check out the free FAU/Coach K publicity here;

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lane-kiffin-playing-with-his-kids-in-confetti-is-the-cutest-thing-youll-see-today/

Gotta get those kids some proper gear ASAWANC (As Soon AS Alabama Wins ANOTHER National CHAMPIONSHIP)!
Posted On: Jan 1st 2017, 8:55 PM #365342

Those kids have already been shopped for at The Store!!  :Winking:
Back to the top

Man, these coaches don't waste any time coming to buy gear from you! (which is a great thing!)
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Man, these coaches don't waste any time coming to buy gear from you! (which is a great thing!)
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2017, 12:50 AM #365346

It usually starts with Athletics coming over and getting things for a welcoming package for the kids.

The coaches come over after things settle down a little, although I have always been amazed at how quickly some of them stop by.  

The thing I didn't know when I opened The Store was the role a store can play in terms of recruiting. Pelini explained it best when he first walked in and said: "I will do endorsements for you for free, we need this store to make it." The Store opened just after his first signing class. He explained that with no store open on big recruiting weekends, it made us look like a small-time school.  

I was just a website during his first class, and he would call and ask if I could come by the recruits hotel and sell them hats, etc to help bridge the gap.  I would load up my car with hats, shirts, anything I could fit, and set up a "store" in the hotel conference room so the families could purchase FAU merchandise. That's how the relationship between store/recruiting/coaching got started.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Owl2Doc said

It usually starts with Athletics coming over and getting things for a welcoming package for the kids.

The coaches come over after things settle down a little, although I have always been amazed at how quickly some of them stop by.  

The thing I didn't know when I opened The Store was the role a store can play in terms of recruiting. Pelini explained it best when he first walked in and said: "I will do endorsements for you for free, we need this store to make it." The Store opened just after his first signing class. He explained that with no store open on big recruiting weekends, it made us look like a small-time school.  

I was just a website during his first class, and he would call and ask if I could come by the recruits hotel and sell them hats, etc to help bridge the gap.  I would load up my car with hats, shirts, anything I could fit, and set up a "store" in the hotel conference room so the families could purchase FAU merchandise. That's how the relationship between store/recruiting/coaching got started.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2017, 8:15 AM #365347

Nice! Now look at how quickly the store has grown. Congratulations Mark. I wish you continued success this new year!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Jan 2nd 2017, 8:15 AM #365347

Wow that's amazing.  FAU is lucky to have you and your store.  Thanks for all you do.
Back to the top
Control functions: