Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin Released by Alabama - Owls Bound Immediately

Here is to hoping that Finebaum can be shut-up with a whole big pile of wins and a significant up-tick in ticket sales and attendance. I think both are very doable (and at least early-on it is pretty much a given the crowds should be much larger just to see what happens).
Back to the top

I have no doubt that the Kiffen hire is an absolute great move by FAU. Finebaum is a radio host that found a niche with red neck Bama fans. ( Roll Damn Tide). He is not TV friendly to say the least. Last week I was up by Auburn . I ask a business man up there, what do you think of Kiffen going to FAU? He said," to tell you the truth, he is a liar and cheat. But I would hire him to be my football coach. FAU should  be happy to have him". This from a 60ish year old Bama grad. I  would not be surprised to get larger crowds immediately. Just bought my baseball season tickets. Will order football in late January. Need for my AmEx to stop bleeding.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Here is to hoping that Finebaum can be shut-up with a whole big pile of wins and a significant up-tick in ticket sales and attendance. I think both are very doable (and at least early-on it is pretty much a given the crowds should be much larger just to see what happens).

Posted On: Jan 3rd 2017, 3:51 PM #365418
Lane Kiffin needs to shut up and stop talking to the media every 5 minutes.  one would think he is mature enough to know that.  Coach Kiffin - Grow up, shut up, get to work,  and let your win loss record do your talking.
Back to the top

kimindania said

owlsdad said

Posted On: Jan 3rd 2017, 3:51 PM #365418
Lane Kiffin needs to shut up and stop talking to the media every 5 minutes.  one would think he is mature enough to know that.  Coach Kiffin - Grow up, shut up, get to work,  and let your win loss record do your talking.
Posted On: Jan 3rd 2017, 4:12 PM #365420

Agreed 100%. I know you are trying damage control and maybe you are correct but the media eats up ANYTHING Saint Nick says so you can't win.

Get on with your work in building a winner here at FAU and THEN you can get a bigger job of your choice! Build the Boise East and prove to all the naysayers whom seem to hate you that you ARE a good coach!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Man, this is just sound advise. This goes for anyone. Kimindania and GaOwl are right on.
Back to the top

I agree that Kiffin needs to show some maturity and avoid bringing any unneeded pressure.  My point was actually that he needs to take this opportunity and prove that he really is head-coach material in order to answer the critics.  In my opinion it is inevitable that FAU will have much larger crowds in 2017, but he will need to win and not be in the papers for the wrong reasons for momentum to continue after the "new" wears off.  I expect better records and larger crowds that will lead to somebody like Finebaum simply ignoring him unless the records skyrocket and Kiffin is back on the national scale for future job openings (or a big bowl game).  We have what could be an epic rematch for the championship this year and right now the airwaves are full of talk about Lane Kiffin NOT being with Alabama rather than the match-up.  Without saying it, Nick Saban felt Kiffin was such a distraction that he was a detriment to the team.

As for FAU, this just means that the school's name has been mentioned about 10,000 times for "free" on national broadcasts and Kiffin can give his undivided attention to getting to Boca.  At the same time, that hype will continue probably all the way until a few games into the 2017 season and we all see what kind of CEO he becomes.  Kiffin wanted to be a head man, and now he has the opportunity to prove his worth.

And as for Finebaum, my point was that I am hopeful that Kiffin is very successful and FAU has tremendous crowds - that will shut-up the critics.  I am not trying to damage control - I hope all the FAU supporters feel that same way (hopeful).
Back to the top

Finebaum continuing to go after Kiffin is starting to feel like an ex-boyfriend who is trying so desperately and pathetically to damage his ex-girlfriend's new relationship.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Finebaum continuing to go after Kiffin is starting to feel like an ex-boyfriend who is trying so desperately and pathetically to damage his ex-girlfriend's new relationship.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 11:17 AM #365438

The guy is trash, just like his fan base.

Totally lost all respect for him, it is just laughable at this point.

Back to the top

Rick said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 11:17 AM #365438

The guy is trash, just like his fan base.

Totally lost all respect for him, it is just laughable at this point.

Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 12:17 PM #365444

But I am not laughing as he continues to disparage and belittle FAU!
Back to the top

Nobody takes him seriously as a sports journalist. I don't know how long he'll be able to stay on ESPN and the SEC network.
Back to the top
Control functions: