Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin Released by Alabama - Owls Bound Immediately

David Slavic said

Nobody takes him seriously as a sports journalist. I don't know how long he'll be able to stay on ESPN and the SEC network.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 12:55 PM #365450

I mean he is literally what SEC Network represents so probably a long time. He is good at what he does. He knows what his demographic wants to hear, and he knows how to get those listeners.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Finebaum continuing to go after Kiffin is starting to feel like an ex-boyfriend who is trying so desperately and pathetically to damage his ex-girlfriend's new relationship.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 11:17 AM #365438

Exactly. Like Lane dumped HIM when he chose to Coach FAU and not stay at Bama or move to LSU.

VERY SOUR GRAPES SOUNDING AND LOOKING!
Back to the top

You do realize that Kiffin is a absolute scumbag. THIS WAS A TERRIBLE HIRE. He is going to run away as soon as he gets a better offer. It's coming two years at best which will set us back another few years. do you really think he is going to stay here with that laughable contract? he's run away or been run off everywhere he's been. for three years he was Saban's whipping boy. half the reason he took the FAU job was to get away from the daily tounge lashings he would get infront of players at practice by Saban. What exactly do you think hes going todo here? the numbers he put up at Alabama.. were at ALABAMA. We really dont have much of anyone on the roster that would make the Bama two deep. Our coaching hires are a joke.. a constant rotating door since Schnelly hung it up! the one who should get the ax for this one.. is Pat Chun. Georgia Owl.. trust me Lane did not dump Saban he was left behind TWICE the past two years by Bama. He should of got then hint then. You are going to see.
Back to the top

Stop beating around the bush OwlFaninSC. Tell us how you really feel . Lane may be a scum bag, but he is our scum bag. As for our player, check the NFL and get back to us.
Back to the top

Im sorry its just a AWFUL decision. I get that too and I hate that i have to support him. But of course i will.. as far as the NFL goes a handful? thats great. good for us. Interned with the program 09-12. I want us to succeed too but come on even people i know with NO interest in the program are saying "How could you hire this guy.." i dont know how many people who've said "Lane Kiffin really?" I hope i am wrong i really do.. but i am not. we will see what happens.
Back to the top

OwlfaninSC said

Im sorry its just a AWFUL decision. I get that too and I hate that i have to support him. But of course i will.. as far as the NFL goes a handful? thats great. good for us. Interned with the program 09-12. I want us to succeed too but come on even people i know with NO interest in the program are saying "How could you hire this guy.." i dont know how many people who've said "Lane Kiffin really?" I hope i am wrong i really do.. but i am not. we will see what happens.
Posted On: Jan 8th 2017, 6:15 PM #365536

If you were involved then you saw first hand rock bottom like the 1 won year in 2011 the previous two were not  great either and can't pin that on chun.
I was never a lane fan based on some of his past but willing to give it the benefit f the doubt that he has learned from
His mistakes. If he leaves in 2 years so be it out profile has been raised a new coach hire will be easier and we lose no money b cause of his buyout. Plenty of programs go through coaches quickly because they are good and they don't miss a beat…see wku recently for a great example taggert, Petrino, brohm and they are going to bowls and winning with all of them 
Back to the top

I happen to think it was a great hire. Maybe I'm just stupid. I see tons of up sides.
Back to the top

Memphis is another. And watch W.Mich. And they haven't even hired the next guy yet. The old coaches got the teams heading in the right direction and they haven't stopped. I suspect the big wigs have a plan. Lane will leave after we have success.
Back to the top

OwlfaninSC said

You do realize that Kiffin is a absolute scumbag. THIS WAS A TERRIBLE HIRE. He is going to run away as soon as he gets a better offer. It's coming two years at best which will set us back another few years. do you really think he is going to stay here with that laughable contract? he's run away or been run off everywhere he's been. for three years he was Saban's whipping boy. half the reason he took the FAU job was to get away from the daily tounge lashings he would get infront of players at practice by Saban. What exactly do you think hes going todo here? the numbers he put up at Alabama.. were at ALABAMA. We really dont have much of anyone on the roster that would make the Bama two deep. Our coaching hires are a joke.. a constant rotating door since Schnelly hung it up! the one who should get the ax for this one.. is Pat Chun. Georgia Owl.. trust me Lane did not dump Saban he was left behind TWICE the past two years by Bama. He should of got then hint then. You are going to see.

Posted On: Jan 8th 2017, 5:57 PM #365534

If he leaves here in two years because he won, that won't set us back at all.  We will take our 1.5 million and get a new coach.  If we fire him in 2 years then yes that will be a set back.  Every hire comes with risk, and jobs will be at risk (Chun).   O'Leary went to UCF with some baggage and that turned out OK for them.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I happen to think it was a great hire. Maybe I'm just stupid. I see tons of up sides.
Posted On: Jan 8th 2017, 6:47 PM #365538

Agreed. I love the hire. Roll the dice.  We won 9 games in the last 3 years! Many people love to hate on Lane. Why? Because he left Tenn after one year? Because he let the raiders down as the youngest NFL coach in history? The guy never was on video beating up a woman on an elevator. The guy was never caught in the shower with young boys like PSU. The guy never was arrested for drugs.  

He is hated because he has a strong personality. Big whoop!  

He has been called by ESPN, one of the greatest minds in college football. We have him.  

If he wins, it is a great hire. If he loses, it is a bad hire. That's the same for anyone we hire.  If he gets us to Bowl games and he leaves after a couple of years, who cares. Better to get to bowls than to have coaches for years because no one wants them.  If he leaves after 2 years, we get $2M and it paid for his entire time here, and it's because a more prominent program wanted him.  I guarantee whatever that program is, is saying right now that they hate Lane Kiffin, and when they get him, they will say they are glad they got him.

People like to say we are a stepping stone, like they are telling us cutting edge information. I got news for everyone…there are only a handful of schools in America that are not stepping stones. Hell Urban Meier wanted out of UF to go to Ohio State. FSU is always upping the ante to keep Jimbo.  There is always someone else willing to pay more, and it will always be that way.

I stopped having fun at FAU Football games the last couple of years and that is a shame. I am as excited as ever.  Now we just have to win.

Thank you FAU for showing you want to try to make something happen for the football program. Cannot wait to see what happens.  If it works out, it could be amazing. If it doesn't work out, at least we had the guts to try not to go 3-9 again.

Owls Up!
Back to the top
Control functions: