Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Bell to USF...

voss749 said

One thing I dont get is how they keep Graham Wilbert and ditch Jared Allen.

2nd Jared Allens decision to leave football is probably more economic
than anything else. Medical Sales is good money.

Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 12:39 PM #365447

Graham Wilbert is a Graduate Assitant, and Jared Allen was a RB Coach.

Back to the top

voss749 said

One thing I dont get is how they keep Graham Wilbert and ditch Jared Allen.

2nd Jared Allens decision to leave football is probably more economic
than anything else. Medical Sales is good money.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 12:39 PM #365447

Not accurate, Allen chose to leave.

In fact he was likely leaving at the end of the year regardless what happened, as he had been interviewing for jobs months ahead of time. Lastly, money wasn't the crux of it, family was.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

So 3/4 of our staff has even found jobs…….

That just further revels how bad this staff was.

Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 12:20 PM #365445

3-9 in CUSA 3 years in a row IS NOT a resume builder!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

owlcountry40 said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 11:33 AM #365442

So 3/4 of our staff has even found jobs…….

That just further revels how bad this staff was.

Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 12:20 PM #365445

3-9 in CUSA 3 years in a row IS NOT a resume builder!
Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 1:52 PM #365454

Exactly.

They'll land somewhere. It just may not be D1. We've seen that P5 programs tend to be grateful even for a failed P5 coach, FCS programs tend to be grateful for an FBS coach, and so on.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

One staff member is currently on a DI program, and nobody is on a P5 program. I guess that's what happens when we hire ok high school coaches to run a college program.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 12:51 PM #365449

Small pool to pay for assistants means hiring people from wherever you can get them - high school, FCS, etc. And successful people at lower levels are given chances to move up; Bellantoni didn't work for us but he was on staffs that went to the FCS playoffs seven times. Roger Harriott was successful in high school and knew the high school landscape well for recruiting. Etc. So I get it, but I don't prefer it.

On the upside we have increased our salary pool and Kiffin's coaches so far have all come from D1 programs.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

David Slavic said

One staff member is currently on a DI program, and nobody is on a P5 program. I guess that's what happens when we hire ok high school coaches to run a college program.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2017, 12:51 PM #365449
Small pool to pay for assistants means hiring people from wherever you can get them - high school, FCS, etc. And successful people at lower levels are given chances to move up; Bellantoni didn't work for us but he was on staffs that went to the FCS playoffs seven times. Roger Harriott was successful in high school and knew the high school landscape well for recruiting. Etc. So I get it, but I don't prefer it.

On the upside we have increased our salary pool and Kiffin's coaches so far have all come from D1 programs.
Posted On: Jan 5th 2017, 10:33 AM #365458
Power 5 programs! Correction, RANKED Power 5 programs (Bama, Ol Miss, Baylor, USC)!
Back to the top

Congrats to ex FAU coach Corey Ball. Left USF for the DB coaching position at UF Gators.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Congrats to ex FAU coach Corey Ball. Left USF for the DB coaching position at UF Gators.
Posted On: Feb 4th 2017, 6:04 PM #366853

THIS  is one HUGE thing wrong with college sports. Coaches being at a school til literally the day after signing day and the leaving, usually on their own but still disappointing the kids and families who trusted them to sign at a school!

The kids specifically recruited by those coaches SHOULD be allowed to back out of their WRITTEN commitment and go where they please EXCEPT to follow the Coach too HIS greener pastures.

Congrats to him on HIS better job but also SHAME ON HIM for "misleading" AKA LYING to HIS commits at USF.
Back to the top
Control functions: