Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* Alabama OL Preston Mixon Commits to FAU Football's Soar 17

Add topic

d-owl said

Ugh – apparently reopened his recruitment.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 6:21 PM #366112

His tweet from earlier today was removed…seeking clarification before removing him from the list.

I agree with Local, never invest emotion at this stage unless they publicly state they are not open and are ending their recruitment. Even then, have to hold on to caution.

Ironically, I did send him a message asking that very thing on January 16th and received no response. This was before the in home visit on the 18th - Tweet photo above.

Back to the top

Still have him listed since he pulled his decommitment tweet…

Until he says otherwise.

PS…his mom is still favoriting our re-tweets…

:Smug:

Back to the top

It seems like Purdue is going after a lot of FAU and FIU guys as well as trying pick off kids from WKU-- not sure what Brohm has going on there but you would think they would expand their reach a bit being in the Big 10.
Back to the top

d-owl said

…not sure what Brohm has going on there but you would think they would expand their reach a bit being in the Big 10.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2017, 10:49 AM #366436

Obviously not much!

On a side note:

Preston's mom is still favoriting our tweets.

Really would like to land this young man.

Back to the top

Rick said

d-owl said

Ugh – apparently reopened his recruitment.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 6:21 PM #366112

His tweet from earlier today was removed…seeking clarification before removing him from the list.

I agree with Local, never invest emotion at this stage unless they publicly state they are not open and are ending their recruitment. Even then, have to hold on to caution.

Ironically, I did send him a message asking that very thing on January 16th and received no response. This was before the in home visit on the 18th - Tweet photo above.

Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 8:28 PM #366121

Ha. I intend to be as emotionally irrational as I please leading up to signing day.
Back to the top

d-owl said

It seems like Purdue is going after a lot of FAU and FIU guys as well as trying pick off kids from WKU– not sure what Brohm has going on there but you would think they would expand their reach a bit being in the Big 10.

Like Fleck at Minny, Brohm had better raise his recruiting standards if he is to succeed in the Big10. Golden ended up competing with us for recruits at the U and he was gone the next year!

The good news, he will be hurting WKU this year more than us! We need Mixon though guys, be awful to lose him to a 1st year HC at WKU!!!!!!

C'mon Coach K and staff!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

d-owl said

It seems like Purdue is going after a lot of FAU and FIU guys as well as trying pick off kids from WKU– not sure what Brohm has going on there but you would think they would expand their reach a bit being in the Big 10.

Like Fleck at Minny, Brohm had better raise his recruiting standards if he is to succeed in the Big10. Golden ended up competing with us for recruits at the U and he was gone the next year!

The good news, he will be hurting WKU this year more than us! We need Mixon though guys, be awful to lose him to a 1st year HC at WKU!!!!!!

C'mon Coach K and staff!!!!
Posted On: Jan 31st 2017, 6:02 PM #366457

I think Brohm recruited him at WKU – so I believe that's why WKU is still in the picture. I'd think it's between us and Purdue, but who knows.
Back to the top

Mixon chooses WKU…

Back to the top
Control functions: