Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME WEEK THREAD: FAU vs MTSU & UAB January 19th & 21st, 2017

Add topic

Here we go. Can the Owls pull a miracle?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Owls are unable to comeback from the 16-2 run at the midway point of the second half.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2016-2017 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Owls fall to 5-12 overall, 1-5 in CUSA play.

:Vomit:

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Troutman with another big day. The offense should run solely through him from here on out.

Cylla put up some solid numbers, going 3-4 from the arch.

Rutherford leads the team in boards with 4.

Delph had a rough night out there. Just 2 points, 1-4 FG, 3 Rebs. The Auburn transfer also struggled during the Texas road trip.

UAB's William Lee, scores 16, but falls one rebound short of a double-double. So I'm just going to eat my own words.

Back to the top

Coach Kermit and his Blue Raiders come into the Burrow this Saturday receiving votes in the USA Today Coaches' Poll. Complete sham that they do not have any votes in the AP Poll. Look for them to make a statement.

Back to the top

Owls getting set to host the defending CUSA Champions, and the current best team in the conference, Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders.

Middle Tennessee (16-3, 5-0) has dominated FAU since the Sun Belt days. The Blue Raiders are receiving votes in the USA Today Coaches Poll.

Hopefully tonight's Brew at the Burrow night will bring a true home court advantage to FAU Arena.

Back to the top

Power is out at the Burrow. We have NO idea when tipoff will be, and won't begin to find out until the lights come back on.

Once the lights come on, the players will have to come back to the court and warmup. Then we'll have starting lineups and the national anthem before tipoff.

So hold on with us here at The Owl's Nest until we get word on a new tipoff time. If you're enjoying the multiple craft breweries at the Burrow, lucky you. Just don't have too many beers that you forget about the game later. :Laughing:

Back to the top

Let there be light!

Tipoff is set for ~7:20

Back to the top

Same lineup tonight.

Still wondering why Gerdarius Troutman, who is now in the top 20 three-point shooters in the nation, isn't starting. FAU has struggled out of the gate the last few games, if Troutman is the only one to bring us out of the hole, why not put him in right away to avoid being in the hole in the first place?

Back to the top

I thought with all the "free college" talk , we didn't have the money for the electric bill.
Back to the top
Control functions: