Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Schmidt Complex for Academic & Athletic Excellence Groundbreaking Renderings

Add topic

Great, just read that UM is breaking ground on their indoor facility in early May.  It will be open for 2018 fall camp.  Every time we pull ahead of the U they pass us.  Lets start churning some dirt already.
Back to the top

Looking up again said

Great, just read that UM is breaking ground on their indoor facility in early May.  It will be open for 2018 fall camp.  Every time we pull ahead of the U they pass us.  Lets start churning some dirt already.
Posted On: Apr 6th 2017, 3:46 PM #368135

No Kidding.
Back to the top

The renderings they showed at the groundbreaking are from different versions of the design (I think two versions). They have to finalize that before they can start moving dirt.

The Draft program slots the Design phase until July 2017, with the Construction phase being July 2017 to July 2018.

If they hold true to that schedule, you won't see movement at the site for another three months.
Back to the top

South Alabama's new football practice facility which was under construction collapsed this weekend;

Under construction South Alabama football facility collapses (Photos)

Good news nobody hurt, the story has plenty of pics after collapse and under construction. Guess we need to learn from this one huh!
Back to the top

We've been fortunate in that regard.

A parking garage collapsed on the campus of Miami Dade College in Oct 2012, was 50% dismantled and then partially collapsed AGAIN in April 2016 when a concrete beam fell.

And we thought the "Beat Shirts" were cursed.
Back to the top

I have brought this up before, but why can't we do what UAB did and THEN enclose the indoor practice facility as part of phase 2?

UAB Blazers finally get to prepare for a game again
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I have brought this up before, but why can't we do what UAB did and THEN enclose the indoor practice facility as part of phase 2?

UAB Blazers finally get to prepare for a game again

Posted On: Aug 2nd 2017, 2:22 PM #369727

That building wouldn't let them practice through lightning.  Also, at FAU its all or nothing.  If they build a pavilion instead of an indoor practice facility you will be stuck with a pavilion.  We are already getting something beyond anyone's expectation.  Lets don't settle for something less in order to get it now.
Back to the top

Agree. I don't want instant gratification. Lets wait and build something great. Remember, FAU is relying on some very generous families to build this. When the money is all there, they will build it.
Back to the top

Fair enough guys, it would just let them practice through rain like Monday in better field conditions and less chance of injury. Just a thought.
Back to the top

Trust me Georgia. I wish it was done for that reason also
Back to the top
Control functions: