Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

They should reshoot this video

Cringe

How can you edit this and not realize it's too awkward to put out?
Back to the top

Unfortunately I felt the same way when I watched this over the weekend.
Back to the top

Especially when the entire world is looking for ways to knock Lane Kiffin. Don't give them something to write about.
Back to the top

He's a football coach. Not an actor. Yea. Maybe another take and some better editing. but no big deal.
Back to the top

Yeah it's getting hammered on social media. 
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Cringe

How can you edit this and not realize it's too awkward to put out?
Posted On: Jan 30th 2017, 10:11 PM #366421

If this is our biggest problem, and we win football games, I will watch this all day long.

To me, it looks exactly what it would look like if we had hired Nick Saban, or Les Miles.  Do we want a football coach or a promo guy?  

We have not been to a Bowl game since 2008. We have been 3-9 seemingly forever.  Let's see what this guy can do.  I am not interested in cute phrases; not interested in pretty helmets; not interested in flashy uniforms; not interested in winning some battle on Social Media.

I am interested in winning football games and having fun at FAU football games again.  If we win football games, none of this matters. If we lose football games, none of this matters.
Back to the top

I don't know how you put that out there.  

I saw it and was hoping nobody else did…haha.  It's not a huge deal, but it's somebody's job to make sure the program looks good.  How do you watch that and give it the OK to post on line??
Back to the top

That's his personality. They probably did a few takes on that one. He's almost as awkward in his press conferences. He was the same at USC too. He was a quiet, almost unfriendly introvert hiding in the film room while Sarkisian was running around chest bumping the football players in the halls on campus. He'll never be good on camera or in public, but he can recruit, coach, and hopefully run a program.
Back to the top

It looks like a hostage situation

But I love it
Back to the top

I know people can get nervous in front of a camera or an audience and appear this way normally when we've seen him. And I know this is a new institution, new team, new fanbase, so in a sense he doesn't fully know what he's selling because he doesn't feel 100% ownership of everything yet.

But, I can't imagine he recruits as well as he does being this awkward. He couldn't coach as well as he does being this awkward.

I believe there's an outgoing guy there who just turns into something else when he has to address somebody formally. You can do multiple takes, you can do it in different locations, you can tell him the camera's off and relax and let him test it out.

Or maybe you try and try and try and never get a good take. If that's the case, try doing a voiceover instead.

Then again, does it work for you guys?When Partridge did it, when Pelini did it, did it get you pumped up? Honestly, I don't even think it's necessary - the "highlight reel"-type videos do a much better job pumping me up. We've put out a lot of great FAU football videos in the last couple years and that's why this video seemed to veer so far left of the goal post.

Back to the top
Control functions: