Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

They should reshoot this video

voss749 said

Check out the Eric Dunn remix its a future classic!
Posted On: Jan 31st 2017, 7:28 PM #366463

The Rev. Eric Dunn is The Man!! Great job.
Back to the top

I was looking at FB on my computer and saw a Lane Kiffin news link. I clicked on it and a couple of dozen posts came up with that video. There were no nice comments. Plenty of sarcasm. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Some competing schools fans trying to use it against us haha. Probably a little late for that. Plus, these kids met Lane. They know what he's like.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Some competing schools fans trying to use it against us haha. Probably a little late for that. Plus, these kids met Lane. They know what he's like.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2017, 11:58 PM #366483

True but video still sucks though :Laughing: !

To me he looks very tired and I could not blame him with the Bama playoffs and the Saban "move". Plus hiring a coaching staff AND recruiting like crazy ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Congrats Coach K. get a few days rest soon! Lost a few OL commits but you with deal with that we know!
Back to the top

Apparently FAU took down the video but other people already got a copy to make fun of.

Whatever.

Doesn't seem to be hurting NSD17 so far. And that could help change the narrative, if the same people were so inclined.
Back to the top

Maybe we should hire a outside agency next time. Lol
Back to the top

fauowl said

Owl2Doc said

Cringe

How can you edit this and not realize it's too awkward to put out?
Posted On: Jan 30th 2017, 10:11 PM #366421
I am not interested in cute phrases; not interested in pretty helmets; not interested in flashy uniforms; not interested in winning some battle on Social Media.

I am interested in winning football games and having fun at FAU football games again.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2017, 7:57 AM #366429
I totally understand where you are coming from, but as you know these things are important in landing today's recruits, which leads to getting the best class in the program's history, which leads to winning games and having fun at the games again.

(Can you imagine Bear Bryant asking the players to vote on which uniform color combination they wanted to wear on Saturday?!)
Back to the top

I really don't think the money spent on all the uni changes and combos matters all that much. Bama would NEVER change theirs (or Penn St. or Michigan or USC). Heck, Bama and Penn St dont even have a logo on the helmets! Tradition AND Winning matters to them, that is all and if you are SO concerned about your color of the day then you are NOT focused on the only important thing - WINNING!

That said I wish we would go BACK to out Traditional look whwn WE were winning and we WERE building our name and look.
Back to the top

I liked things about our old look - the helmets specifically. It was hard as hell to find Trey Hendrickson by his helmet during the East-West Shrine Game.

But in terms of recruiting, every school tells a recruit they want to win, play for championships, get ranked. If that's pur only angle, we get lost in a sea of also-rans who have visited the recruit.

Schools like Alabama can sell tradition. We can't. Hence shiny uniforms, new facility renderings, proximity to the beach, etc.

That's what we have to do. When we win, we sell that too. When we win a lot, we can get cocky and say, "yeah, but WE are FAU" in response to "oh but the FIU coach said they have XYZ."
Back to the top

I really like the state outline. I think it makes it seem like it's our state. 

Flashy uniforms only mean so much, and they don't mean much anymore since everybody is doing them. Right now we're selling Lane Kiffin, the beach, then new facilities, and the foundation of historically (for FAU) great run. 
Back to the top
Control functions: