Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU vs North Texas - February 9th, 2017

Add topic

Red hot Owls return to the Burrow following 3 straight road wins
What: FAU (8-13, 4-6) vs. North Texas (6-16, 0-10)

When: Thursday, February 9th @ 7:00 PM

Where: FAU Arena

Series: The Mean Green hold a 10-3 all-time record over the Owls, dating back to their days in the Sun Belt Conference. But FAU is only 2-3 when playing the Mean Green at the Burrow.

TV: None

Live Video:  CUSA.tv *FEE

Radio: ESPN 106.3

North Texas Team Site: Here

North Texas at a Glance:

Offense - 67.9 PPG, 41% FG, 31% 3PT

Defense - 73.3 PGA, 42% FGA, 35% 3PTA

Rebounding - 35.9 PG Team, 38.2 PG Opponents

Notables

Finally, the time has come for the Owls to take their swing at North Texas. All but 4 teams in CUSA (FAU, FIU, UTSA, and UTEP) have had their records improved by playing the worst team in CUSA. While they have been blown out in some games, UNT has played several tough. This includes losses by 1 to Charlotte, 2 to UAB, 4 to Louisiana Tech, and 6 to Old Dominion.

In last Saturday's loss to Rice, freshman guard A.J. Lawson scored a career high 31 points. He earned CUSA Freshman of the Week honors for being the second highest scorer in CUSA play last Saturday.

As a team, North Texas is last in CUSA in assists. This paired with averaging 13.5 turnovers per game, makes the Mean Green last in assist-to-turnover ratio. They are however third in CUSA in steals, with Ja'Michael Brown and A.J. Lawson leading the way in that category.

FAU at a Glance

Offense - 70.8 PPG, 42% FG, 33% 3PT

Defense - 71.7 PGA, 44% FGA, 35% 3PTA

Rebounding - 36.0 Team, 39.0 Opponents

Notables

Happy times are back at the Burrow after FAU has won three straight conference road games for the first time 2012. The most recent victory comes after trailing Old Dominion by 14 with just over 5 minutes remaining. The Owls then ended the game on a 25-7 run, capped off a clutch Justin Massey pull-up three in transition. Massey lead all scorers with 18 points, 16 of which came in the second half.

With his big time performance last week, Massey is now third on the team in points, the highest out of any Owl who has yet to start this season. Adonis Filer still leads the team in points, but he is the only Owl that averages double digits. Gerdarius Troutman is still one of the best three-point shooters in the nation shooting at a 44% conversion rate.

Latest Line

FAU -7

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

they are having a 90s theme night. does that include unis and music and can we have this one day for at least a football game.
Back to the top

Everything, I just don't know where they are going to get the unis because they are all gone via Spring Sales, and/or being tossed out.

They will probably have something made up for it…
Back to the top

No changes in the starting lineup tonight. This lineup has gone 3-0 since it's introduction at FIU.

Back to the top

Trap game here, UNT is better than their record.

Our flat start ain't helping…

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Coach Curry undertaking mass subs after the starters spot North Texas with 8 points. Filer, Massey, Booker, Neely, and Delph all check in.

Back to the top

This new group of players isn't fairing much better, but at least their putting points on the board.

Back to the top

Massey and Delph are the only Owls with multiple FGs.

Back to the top

Troutman may be 0-3, but once again everyone is shooting from downtown and we're 2-of-18.

We simply are not going to make a living doing that…

Back to the top

North Texas has the Burrow stunned into silence.

Back to the top
Control functions: