Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU vs North Texas - February 9th, 2017

Add topic

I'm seeing three, maybe four, possible wins from here out…hope that is enough. We really needed to focus and get this one tonight.

Disappointing…
Back to the top

I hate to be such a negative nancy, but I really believed that this team turned the corner the last couple of weeks.

This is definitely a step back. There is no way to sugar coat it. But the true character of a program is made when things don't go as planned. Let's see if the boys have the resolve to bounce back against a quality Rice squad.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Can someone tell me why when your playing a team at home and you should be the better team do you spend the entire game shooting threes?  

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

39 of them, and insane to keep doing it considering it was not working.

I don't recall the last time we shot 39 threes - EVER.

:Thinking:  :Thinking:  :Thinking:

Ok! Got it, last and ONLY time was way back on 2/26/04 against Campbell and a former Owl coach under Curry who is no longer here and is now at UCF - Robbie Laing.

:Big-Grin:

Still, that's 13 years ago!

Back to the top

This is the least surprising result ever. Should be expected from our basketball team 
Back to the top

Woke up  and read thread. The last post from Delta is what I was going to say. I've been reading about a win streak.How it could go to four or even five games. We should have been happy with three. Guys… we do not have a good basketball team and that includes the coach. I would have been more surprised with a win.
Back to the top

I love people who not only don't go to the games but don't even pay attention to basketball until they feel the need to make some snarky a hole comment about one of their teams…keep up the good work.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I love people who not only don't go to the games but don't even pay attention to basketball until they feel the need to make some snarky a hole comment about one of their teams…keep up the good work.
Posted On: Feb 10th 2017, 8:34 AM #367009

I think I was just making a honest assessment of the game.
Back to the top

I think I'm making an honest assessment of our team. Just being realistic. Numbers rarely lie.
Back to the top

Called "playing to the level of your competition".

Or actually, beneath it! UNT lost 11 in a row and we let them control the game if not dominate it on the road!

As posted before- the usual stuff for men's BB for many years now.

Here's to hoping FB CHANGES the trend in that sport and helps make the case we need to step up in men's BB coaching too!
Back to the top
Control functions: