Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU vs Rice - February 11th, 2017

Add topic

Marcus Evans doing Marcus Evans type things.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU follows their three-game road win streak by dropping two straight at the Burrow. The Owls are now 8-15 overall, 4-8 in CUSA.

A Southern Miss victory over UTEP in El Paso would put FAU in 12th place in CUSA. FAU will travel to Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech next week.

Back to square one.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2016-2017 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest 

Back to the top

Final individual stats for FAU & team comparison stats vs. Rice

(Click images to enlarge.)

Back to the top

Year 3, same results, sound familiar????

Nice to win 3 in a row on the road but then to come home and lay two eggs in VERY winnable games….. no way to build a fan base.

Again, sound familiar!

As of now I hope we DON'T make the conference tourney and WE HAVE TO STEP UP IN BB DISCUSIONS TOO!.
Back to the top

I never played organized basketball. Just pickup games so I don't know the ins and outs of that kind of competitive ball. There is a lack of consistency with this team obviously. What causes that in basketball? Coaching, confidence, preparation for each game? I've played a thousand pickup games in my life and I had my bad days but for the whole team to have a bad day in the same games doesn't seem statistically possible.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Especially as many times as this happens, seems to be too much talent for that to me.

And why can we not develop an at least semi-consistent scorer/leader?
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I never played organized basketball. Just pickup games so I don't know the ins and outs of that kind of competitive ball. There is a lack of consistency with this team obviously. What causes that in basketball? Coaching, confidence, preparation for each game? I've played a thousand pickup games in my life and I had my bad days but for the whole team to have a bad day in the same games doesn't seem statistically possible.
Posted On: Feb 12th 2017, 6:58 PM #367077
pick pickup games are way more fun
Back to the top

Can we start considering Rice as a rival? I mean every year we get to battle for the unofficial title of Best Owls in C-USA :Yawn:
Back to the top
Control functions: