Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU vs Middle Tennessee - March 4th, 2017

Add topic

Owls are shooting 33% this half, including going 0-1 from the three point arch. We've now shot 1-8 from the arch this game. Time for Troutman, Massey, Filler, and Cylla to start taking some threes.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Game is really starting to get out of hand. Almost halfway point of the second half, and Middle Tennessee is shooting 75% compared to FAU's 27.3%

Back to the top

It hasn't gotten any better. Middle Tennessee won't pull their starters despite the game being in hand. I don't blame them, they're fighting for a potential at-large bid just in case they fall in the tournament.

Back to the top

Yeah, this is much more along the lines of what I thought it would end up being like…

MTSU could make it to the Sweet 16 this year - they are good.
Back to the top

That's all she wrote. Owls take a big loss to the hands of one of the best mid major teams in the nation.

FAU MBB ends the 2016-2017 regular season 10-19 overall & 6-12 in conference. Owls will be the #11 seed and most likely take on UAB in the first round of the CUSA Tournament.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2016-2017 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Final individual stats for FAU and team comparison stats against Middle Tennessee.

Jeantal Cylla is FAU's player of the game. Shooting 57% from the field, Cylla was the only Owl to score in the double digits. He also was second on the team in rebounds.

(click images to enlarge)

Back to the top

Not a good day for FAU sports teams.
Back to the top

The #11 Owls will face #6 Marshall on Wednesday in the 2017 C-USA Tournament with a start time still TBD.
Back to the top

Time is in, 9:00 PM EST…

Ouch.
Back to the top

Is the time going to affect us more than Marshall ?
Back to the top
Control functions: