Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#1 Ranked New York DT Romello Martin Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

#1 Ranked New York DT Romello Martin Commits to FAU Football

Romello Martin
DT
6-2, 305 lbs
Abraham Lincoln HS
Brooklyn, NY

Ranked number one defensive tackle out of New York by Scout in January 2017. Visited FAU on March 29th and committed that same day. Prior to pledge held reported offers from South Carolina, UM, Ole Miss, Tennessee, FSU, Louisville, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Boston College, UF, Kansas, and Nebraska.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4474049/romello-martin

Back to the top

Welcome Romello to FAU!

This is a late addition to the 2017 class, correct? POSITION OF NEED!!!!!
Back to the top

Lot of Big programs came knocking. All but 2 (Cincy & Uconn) of his offers were from P-5 schools. Big addition.
Back to the top

I hope he grades stick.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Lot of Big programs came knocking. All but 2 (Cincy & Uconn) of his offers were from P-5 schools. Big addition.
Posted On: Apr 2nd 2017, 10:55 AM #368075

LITERALLY - HA HA! And I too hope he makes the grades too, I don't think we actually go after him and offer without thinking he will academically qualify. Cross our fingers guys!!!!
Back to the top

Representing BK all day everyday - let's go!
Back to the top

If you look at the roster you will notice other names you have seem to fallen off.
Both 2017 commits Chase Hopper DT from GA and Romello Martin have seem to have left the program.

I know Chase was hurt last year and Romello came in late because of grades.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

If you look at the roster you will notice other names you have seem to fallen off.
Both 2017 commits Chase Hopper DT from GA and Romello Martin have seem to have left the program.

I know Chase was hurt last year and Romello came in late because of grades.

Posted On: Jul 19th 2018, 6:29 AM #379134
Yeah, saw that Martin - who was a pretty highly recruited guy – isn't on there anymore. I saw that Denzel Houston transferred out and is in the JUCO ranks.
Back to the top

Too bad, both had potential at DT. Guess we have some roster space now?
Back to the top

See he landed at Nassau Community College -- my hometown CC in LI, NY.
Back to the top
Control functions: