Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

IDEA: Dream Football Entrance/Traditions?

One of the things that Lane Kiffin is going to bring to FAU football is a lot of exposure. And with that exposure comes highlights of FAU traditions (or lack thereof). One of the things that I think we can improve on is our team's entrance. Many schools have a signature entrance, whether it's Chief Osceola and Renegade at FSU, the Wrambling Wreak of Georgia Tech, or the Go Blue banner of Michigan. The entrance we have now is OK, but it could be better. What would your dream game day entrance and traditions be?   

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

A signature entrance would certainly entice more people into the seats for kickoff.

Right now people drift in over the course of the first quarter, which seems to really bother some fans as a loyalty thing, but you can't force this kind of thing.

They wanted to basically ripoff the War Eagle thing but I don't think they ever got an owl to actually fly around in FAU Stadium - does anybody remember seeing that? I don't.

I'm not sure what we can do for a grand entrance, at the moment. I'm sure we could hire a good choreographer, maybe somebody who worked on the Olympics ceremonies (is that shooting too high?) and invest some money in whatever stage pieces we'd need to pull it off.

Something original, or at least original within the boundaries of college sports; for instance I don't mind taking a movement or costumes or giant owl lantern/kite or something from a cultural parade event, a borrowed idea like that, but I don't want to see us ride out on a horse or a motorcycle. I don't want to have people in the audience saying anything like, "Oh, they're trying to do the thing school xyz does, but with owls." In that case I'd rather not do anything at all until we've figured out a better gameplan.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

They wanted to basically ripoff the War Eagle thing but I don't think they ever got an owl to actually fly around in FAU Stadium - does anybody remember seeing that? I don't.

They trained an Owl to fly from somewhere like the press box down over the crowd and onto the field. Right before the Stadium opened, the Owl died so it never happened.
Back to the top

Are we talking about Hera? She flew around at a couple games…

Back to the top

I've said for years get one of the cruise ship foghorns, Blow it at 30 minutes to gametime, then TWICE at 15 minutes to game time. Make it REALLY LOUD. Everyone loves thier tailgating too much.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OwlFamily said

I've said for years get one of the cruise ship foghorns, Blow it at 30 minutes to gametime, then TWICE at 15 minutes to game time. Make it REALLY LOUD. Everyone loves thier tailgating too much.
Posted On: Apr 10th 2017, 9:47 AM #368257

I like that just for the fact that it will fill up the stadium before the players get to the field. It's good that students are attending the game, but I don't like the fact that they all show up half way thru the 1st Quarter. We need everyone ready to cheer for the players as they rush into the field and boo the opponent team.
Back to the top

Rick said

Are we talking about Hera? She flew around at a couple games…

Posted On: Apr 10th 2017, 9:26 AM #368256
Hera was not the Owl that died. 
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

OwlFamily said

I like that just for the fact that it will fill up the stadium before the players get to the field. It's good that students are attending the game, but I don't like the fact that they all show up half way thru the 1st Quarter. We need everyone ready to cheer for the players as they rush into the field and boo the opponent team.

Posted On: Apr 10th 2017, 12:13 PM #368258

This changes once the team starts winning.  The student section is not unlimited seating.  When it gets to the point where ticket sales are made and only 5k is available to the students, they better get there early or they will be left out.
Back to the top

Attendance said

Island_Owl88 said

OwlFamily said

Posted On: Apr 10th 2017, 12:13 PM #368258

This changes once the team starts winning.  The student section is not unlimited seating.  When it gets to the point where ticket sales are made and only 5k is available to the students, they better get there early or they will be left out.
Posted On: Apr 10th 2017, 12:40 PM #368260

ALL very true!!!!
Back to the top

OwlFamily said

I have wanted us to do this for years as well, to signal scores and turnovers and D stops - intimidate the other team as well as celebration for the fans (AND TEAM!!!!!)! We have HOW MANY cruise lines HQ's in S. Florida, tie it in as a sponsorship and make it happen FAU!

LET'S GET LOUD AND PROUD FAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: