Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

IDEA: Dream Football Entrance/Traditions?

I just want people in the bloody stadium at the start of the game.

It sickens me to see the band play, cheer team do the chant, players run out to a 1/4 filled stadium. 10 minutes after game time its better.

Ring the Fog horn at 30 minutes. Ring it twice at 15 minutes and have FAU PD go around and start making people go into the stadium. Let them leave the tents ups, but make them leave to go into the stadium 15 minutes before.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OwlFamily said

I just want people in the bloody stadium at the start of the game.

It sickens me to see the band play, cheer team do the chant, players run out to a 1/4 filled stadium. 10 minutes after game time its better.
Posted On: Apr 11th 2017, 1:28 PM #368281

The sad reality is that many of the fans who are in the parking lot when the game starts, are at the game to begin with because of the activity in the parking lot instead of the activity in the stadium.  

We have won 6 games at home over the past 3 years.  So to most current students, they have not witnessed many victories (and that's if they have gone to every game).  Most have not gone to every game so it is safe to say many current students have witnessed less than a handful of victories in their entire college tenure.  

There is a reason why many are not rushing into the stadium.  Hopefully we give them a reason to want to go in.
Back to the top

"We are also hoping he has been too busy to stop by because he is working on a new tradition: Winning Football games.  We would love to have that tradition really take off."

Mark, this may be the best post of all time on here,  at least one that 100% of us here can agree on  - THAT in itself is a first!
Back to the top

The97Revolution said

[*]"Rail-Gating" with Tri-Rail[/*]

Interesting. What is this? Is it just coordinating a shuttle with the Tri-Rail to get people to/from the stadium?

The97Revolution said

The main thing that I was trying to push is called "Flight Mode" a new football entrance building up off the existing one. It was themed around FAU's history and the fact that the main campus is both next to an airport and was an army airbase…. a custom airplane golf cart to lead the team out the hanger and down the runaway, with the stadium host directing them with parking batons. It is a combo of different things from other schools, but done in a way to distinguish FAU. We even tried to schedule a meeting with the Boca Raton Airport Authority to get some ideas from them.

What did they say? I really like the idea of bringing in the air base history to do something with planes. Between that and the foghorn, I think that could be the start of something really great.

The97Revolution said

Some of the traditions over the years (The Victory Bell, Shout before the 4th Quarter) have been phased out because people did not remember or respond to them. What I want to try and figure out is what the traditions we have, what we can bring back, what can be improved, and what can be added to set FAU apart and make it unique.

Phasing out the Victory Bell makes ZERO sense. It cost nothing, right? It does not matter if the students or fans remembered or responded to it. That was a tradition for the players and the coaches, not for the fans.

That being said…

owlcountry40 said

The FAU vs FIU ending of a games have developed a cool tradition of not shaking the other team's hand and running over to the trophy and ripping the other teams helmet off. That is how rivalries become more heated and bigger over time.

…this is great and I hope we keep doing it.

On that note, is the "It's _____ o'clock and FIU still sucks!" a copy of a tradition from somewhere else? I like that one too, despite how juvenile it is.

Back to the top

I believe the it's 5 o'clock thing was started by someone on this board but I don't remember who…still one of my favorites.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: