Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pitching Coach Jason Jackson to Alabama

Add topic

Pitching Coach Jason Jackson to Alabama
Back to the top

I was expecting some bittersweet pain this week with juniors and commits being drafted. I, like many others, have known this day was coming for a long time. Every fall I was always holding my breath until I saw Jason's name on the fall roster. Still, when the day came, it hurt, even more than I expected, shook me to my core. I love FAU Baseball, I live for it. Jason has been a huge part of it, and I'll always be grateful for everything he brought to the  program. Even unrelated to his coaching and instructional abilities, I learned to admire him. Bittersweet doesn't even begin to describe it. Twelve hours later, and I still have a lump in my throat. I have nothing but the highest praise for Jason, and wish him all of the very best on and off the field.
Back to the top

Jackson's departure note
Back to the top

Sorry to see him leave but good for him at the same time!

Can't wait for the day that our football Coaches leave for elite schools like Bama because they have done very well here! THAT will be a HUGE welcome change from our past 10 year track record!!!
Back to the top

Well that is actually something that probably won't happen! 
Back to the top

@MLBBoca…totally agree. He is a good guy and a good coach. It was a matter of time. Good luck Coach ! Congrats!
Back to the top

Rick said

Well that is actually something that probably won't happen! 
Posted On: Jun 13th 2017, 3:23 PM #369173

Actually it could happen to a few people on our current coaching staff, unfortunately probably sooner than later.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Man, this one hurts.  Coach Jackson is a great coach and did great things here.  Hope Mac can replace him because he was an integral part of recruiting as well.  Ive always been surprised we were able to keep him here this long.  With such a long commitment to FAU I was starting to see him as a possible head coach in waiting for whenever Mac retires.

Feel for Coach Mac though,  next year's gonna be tough.  Basically going to have to replace 75% of starting lineup and rotation, now add he's gotta replace a long time assistant and pitching coach.

Anywho, it is what it is. Wish you the best coach Jackson.  
Back to the top

Congrats to House on his MLB selection. Light year for FAU but as expected. Time for Coach Mac to re build. Football is right around  the corner.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Congrats to House on his MLB selection. Light year for FAU but as expected. Time for Coach Mac to re build. Football is right around  the corner.
Posted On: Jun 14th 2017, 7:06 PM #369177

Yes congrats but why the hell would you sign getting picked that late in draft, did he want out that bad.  I also see we will probably lose a few recruits that went middle of draft.  Does anyone explain the real math to these guys.  If you sign after about the 10th round you're gonna be living below poverty unless you make it to the bigs.  That pretty signing bonus is basically all the real money you're gonna make for the next 4 years.  
Back to the top
Control functions: