Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WR Woods Arrested; Suspended

Just lost our #1 WR, who's got the under?
Back to the top

teambeer said

Posted On: Jun 14th 2017, 10:40 PM #369178
Just lol 
1. He's hasn't been convicted of anything. Wouldn't be shocked if he played. When good players get arrested they always seem to play.
(I am taking a wild guess but  I say charges get dropped to misdemeanors and he get probation and gets anger management courses.) 
2. WR might be the deepest position with every WR who played last year will return and a couple coming off true freshmen years.
3.We add a former UF and Texas commits from JUCO.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

teambeer said

Just lol
1. He's hasn't been convicted of anything. Wouldn't be shocked if he played. When good players get arrested they always seem to play.
(I am taking a wild guess but  I say charges get dropped to misdemeanors and he get probation and gets anger management courses.)
2. WR might be the deepest position with every WR who played last year will return and a couple coming off true freshmen years.

Posted On: Jun 14th 2017, 11:28 PM #369179

If he got into a fight and kicked some dudes ass he'll plea bargain and survive. If he beat up a girlfriend he's done. 
Back to the top

Way too  little info to guess. Does any body know of Mr. Woods past record? Details of the condition of the other person ? Alcohol or drug use ? I'm hoping for the best for him because I hate to see young people get into bad situations.
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlcountry40 said

teambeer said

Just lol

If he got into a fight and kicked some dudes ass he'll plea bargain and survive. If he beat up a girlfriend he's done. 
Posted On: Jun 14th 2017, 11:35 PM #369180

Well here's the thing, he got hit with two counts of FELONY Battery. This will prob not go away easily and might take a while to resolve. Can't trust these damn prosecutors out here. I've had my fair share of battles with that office even interned for them for short stint while I was in law school. They are a**holes and love to drag cases out as long as possible especially at the felony level. If he has a clean record, his best hope is hefty probation with a ton of community service but I would not be surprised if he doesn't play this season while this thing gets figured out. At least we got Deandre McNeal coming in…. right?
Back to the top

LawOwl said

voss749 said

owlcountry40 said

teambeer said

Just lol

Posted On: Jun 14th 2017, 11:35 PM #369180

Well here's the thing, he got hit with two counts of FELONY Battery. This will prob not go away easily and might take a while to resolve. Can't trust these damn prosecutors out here. I've had my fair share of battles with that office even interned for them for short stint while I was in law school. They are a**holes and love to drag cases out as long as possible especially at the felony level. If he has a clean record, his best hope is hefty probation with a ton of community service but I would not be surprised if he doesn't play this season while this thing gets figured out. At least we got Deandre McNeal coming in…. right?
Posted On: Jun 15th 2017, 7:56 AM #369184

From what I have been told he has clean record.
I don't know how you get charged twice unless it was big brawl and there is proof he hit a couple people? Anyone a lawyer on the forum?

The issue I have heard is that the MALE victim in this case is still having health issues from the fight. Woods didn't just give this kid a black eye or a broken nose, so in this case the judge wont see a fully healed college kid telling a story how he got in fight (possibly drunk at a party) thus being more likely to rule that "boys will boys'' and lower the charges.

Anyone know a goo defense lawyer who loves the owls?!?!?!?!?!?!? #freekalib
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Jun 15th 2017, 8:37 AM #369185

I don't think that is possible because in Florida to be charged with Felony Battery you have to have a prior conviction for battery already on your record…

Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Jun 15th 2017, 8:37 AM #369185

I don't think that is possible because in Florida to be charged with Felony Battery you have to have a prior conviction for battery already on your record…

Posted On: Jun 15th 2017, 12:44 PM #369191

No prior charges regarding violence.

You can get felony battery on your first charge depending on serious and intent, but it's very tricky.
Also from the story Defranks posted it all just seems fishy. The police got the story from the two kids who got their asses handed to them. Like they said they showed up to a party and Kalib was mad about a a foul call from a BB game. Yea I'm sure those two kids showed up to a party and "early in the morning" they were sober and not looking for trouble themselves.
I'm sure when Kalib walked about to them in the eating manor they said " hey we are not looking for trouble" lol 
Back to the top

I'm with LawOwl on this one. 82 days till football. This will not be gone before then.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm with LawOwl on this one. 82 days till football. This will not be gone before then.
Posted On: Jun 15th 2017, 4:36 PM #369194

Hoping he does some form of plea deal to get reduced to serve CS and get help!
Back to the top
Control functions: