Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WR Woods Arrested; Suspended

If you guys think we are even going to consider stepping into this sh!tstorm by letting him play, given our OC just got away from all that Baylor mess, our D.C. may still have show cause for his transgressions and our HC is under a microscope you're mistaken. No way we roll the dice if he has an outstanding felony case against him. 

I sure hope those JUCOs show up, they looked amazing on paper. From what I've seen, Woods was the only sure thing from last year. 
Back to the top

I think it will eventually be washed away with a lesser charge. My concern is that it won't happen until well into the season. And TeamBeer is so right about our coaches wanting to stay far far away from any controversy. We have some coaches that need to stay clean for a bit. Let some dust settle.
Back to the top

Here is the Baker Mayfield/Oklahoma situation resolved;

Baker Mayfield to do community service, take alcohol education courses

Power5 schools defend their athletes, we shall see what happens here from a fight!
Back to the top

By the way, it takes FIVE (5) months to come up with charges?????
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

https://sports.yahoo.com/baker-mayfield-community-service-take-alcohol-education-courses-170640909.html

Power5 schools defend their athletes, we shall see what happens here from a fight!

Posted On: Jun 15th 2017, 6:50 PM #369198

There are some things we don't need to aspire to be like a power 5 school.  If the felony charges are pending then he should be suspended from the team and thankful he's not kicked out of the school.  If convicted, adios.  If acquitted, then welcome him back with open arms.  Part of being a man is walking away from these situations (and not holding a grudge for over a year about a foul called in a pickup basketball game). 
Back to the top

Yes said

GeorgiaOwl said

https://sports.yahoo.com/baker-mayfield-community-service-take-alcohol-education-courses-170640909.html

There are some things we don't need to aspire to be like a power 5 school.  If the felony charges are pending then he should be suspended from the team and thankful he's not kicked out of the school.  If convicted, adios.  If acquitted, then welcome him back with open arms.  Part of being a man is walking away from these situations (and not holding a grudge for over a year about a foul called in a pickup basketball game). 

Posted On: Jun 16th 2017, 9:23 AM #369205

You really think that the fight was just over a foul?
You think these two victims did not have alcohol involved?
I am sure when "supposedly" woods walked up their first words were "hey we don't want trouble"
I am guessing both side had something to do with starting the fight and one side lost really bad thus looks like victims.    
Back to the top

Right now I think that is part of it, since that was in the police report (the investigation).  Do I think he just went up there and broke one guys jaw and caused another to have internal bleeding (both EXTREMELY violent acts), no.  I think the two victims probably helped escalated the situation.   This is why we have a court system.  Hopefully he gets acquitted, but of the 3 people involved (maybe more), who had the most to lose?  I don't expect to see Woods play for us ever again.  And if he pleas it down, Kiffin has no loyalty to him, he can make a BIG example of him to the rest of the team.  I don't care what caused it, there is not one single explanation that justifies the end result.  Lets not even talk about Woods denying he was there, obviously that was proven false.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Yes said

GeorgiaOwl said

I am sure when "supposedly" woods walked up their first words were "hey we don't want trouble"
I am guessing both side had something to do with starting the fight and one side lost really bad thus looks like victims.    
Posted On: Jun 16th 2017, 10:00 AM #369206

I'm with OC on this one. Usually when things turn out like this there is fault on both sides.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

owlcountry40 said

Yes said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Jun 16th 2017, 10:00 AM #369206

I'm with OC on this one. Usually when things turn out like this there is fault on both sides.
Posted On: Jun 16th 2017, 4:17 PM #369212

It might be and probably is true but it might be irrelevant without knowing how the whole thing went down.  I have two good friends who got mouthed off to when leaving a bar, some pushing started and the two big mouths ended up in the hospital.  My friends ended with weekends in jail.  This could get ugly but we just don't know, I really hope not.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Phil Steele list of returning O yards;

Phil Steele

FAU NUMBER 2! But that may have just changed!

But the returning starts by O line at Number 28! Not too bad! When exactly do the Freshman and JUCO recruits hit campus??? This will now be VERY important!
Back to the top
Control functions: