Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WR Woods Arrested; Suspended

Video released, you can decide for yourself.
Back to the top

First off, I abhor violence and think this was a stupid, even punk move.

BUT…

It appears in the video that words are being exchanged so if the man pictured is Kalib, he did not "just" go up to him and start hitting him. Looks like many a fight I have seen and NO WAY is a felony, heck, they don't even appear all that hurt and from the actions of the "alleged" victims. And are none to upset either, making videos and such.

Hope he gets to plea down, get anger management help and so plenty of Community Service. Seen LOTS worse with little punishment to those such as Baker Mayfield fleeing police (resisting arrest!), and many other MUCH WORSE INCIDENTS!

Just my opinion. And yes, still a very stupid punk move - by the way, wear some pants with a belt next time dude, ya look just plain stupid and classless!
Back to the top

I appears he will have plenty of time to not stand during the National Anthem with his family while watching FAU play on TV.    Opportunity…gone.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I appears he will have plenty of time to not stand during the National Anthem with his family while watching FAU play on TV.    Opportunity…gone.
Posted On: Jun 29th 2017, 2:44 PM #369295
I don't remember him or any player not standing for the National Anthem last year.

As far as the video, not a good look, he won't be back.
Back to the top

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Regardless of the legal outcome, I don't think he will ever play again at FAU.  

There are many new players who are walking on at FAU (because of Kiffin) who are waiting to get a scholarship.

Someone else who is deserving and will not get into a fight (whether justified or not) will take that scholarship and we will move on.  

Hopefully it is a learning opportunity for all FAU athletes.   Whatever the circumstance, you have to be above it.
Back to the top

owlmart said

dusky256fc said

I don't remember him or any player not standing for the National Anthem last year.

Posted On: Jun 29th 2017, 8:09 PM #369299

Then you never had the pleasure of sitting behind his family at a game before then.  And I know everyone has a right to protest, but when your kid/loved one/whatever is getting a scholarhip and you are surrounded by OSF donors do it somewhere else.
Back to the top

It's over for Woods. He is not coming back. Where is McNeal!?!?!?!?!
Back to the top

To Bad! said

owlmart said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Jun 29th 2017, 8:09 PM #369299

Then you never had the pleasure of sitting behind his family at a game before then.  And I know everyone has a right to protest, but when your kid/loved one/whatever is getting a scholarhip and you are surrounded by OSF donors do it somewhere else.
Posted On: Jun 30th 2017, 12:42 AM #369301

Really they have to protest in area that doesn't bother you? Yea protest are best done where no one who disagrees can see them because that's the point.

Also as for the tape they can not prove they his punch broke the jaw or that the victims did not say or push/ punch as well. Good attorney could also work that and the fact the victims are making videos of the recovery and they want attention. No one said criminal defense is pretty, buy hey  they are sending this to trial they just have to put doubt in 1 out 12 peoples mind. Sending it to trial could also be way to put pressure on the victims especially if they are asked to be put on the stand which puts a lot of pressure on someone.

Back to the top

The point is to protest around people who are supporting someone you care about (scholarship donors for college) is foolish.  You shouldn't try to alienate the people who feed you.  That stadium is basically his workplace.  It's like protesting at work, oh that never has consequences (Kap not having a job).  I guarantee you that if your family started crapping on your employer you would put a stop to it.  Have whatever thoughts or opinions you want but when you are wearing his jersey around a bunch of people who don't agree it's not a smart move.

Woods is toast, his football career is over.  If he is lucky he will get a second chance by getting off and have a valuable life lesson.  They don't need to prove that he caused the devastating injury, they need to prove he was part of the assault.  My guess is they will want his cooperation to identify the other punks or there will be no plea in his future.
Back to the top

To Bad! said

The point is to protest around people who are supporting someone you care about (scholarship donors for college) is foolish.  You shouldn't try to alienate the people who feed you.  That stadium is basically his workplace.  It's like protesting at work, oh that never has consequences (Kap not having a job).  I guarantee you that if your family started crapping on your employer you would put a stop to it.  Have whatever thoughts or opinions you want but when you are wearing his jersey around a bunch of people who don't agree it's not a smart move.

Woods is toast, his football career is over.  If he is lucky he will get a second chance by getting off and have a valuable life lesson.  They don't need to prove that he caused the devastating injury, they need to prove he was part of the assault.  My guess is they will want his cooperation to identify the other punks or there will be no plea in his future.
Posted On: Jun 30th 2017, 11:50 AM #369306

If you feel alienated when people for the national anthem you are the issue.
I served and I don't care. I see people who will be wearing American flag tshirts this weekend screaming USA who s*** on other things in the country which are way more offensive than someone sitting during a song.
Nothing says don't offend your employer when they don't even really pay them (save the they get a free education talk) because people know that's a scam when I comes to many college athletes.    
Back to the top
Control functions: