Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Fall Camp

That moment when Kiffin says De'Andre Johnson is a completely different player from the Spring, and is beginning to get reps with the first team:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The Owls completed their third preseason camp practice on Saturday morning.  Overall,  the completed sessions have been the hottest three days of 2017 thus far.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin

“Did a good job (in the) first day half pads. Probably the best practice of the three. I think our defense is coming together even though it is only three practices. We feel like we have some work to do outside with the receivers on offense. We will keep pushing on.”

FAU will enjoy a day off before they return to the field on Monday. 
Back to the top

According to Matt DeFranks, Georgia RB transfer A.J. Turman (who is now listed under LB on the preseason roster) got reps at RB, TE, and LB today. It looks like the coaches are looking anywhere for him to fit. I don't blame them considering his talent and hype when he was at UGA.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Can he return kicks????
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

That moment when Kiffin says De'Andre Johnson is a completely different player from the Spring, and is beginning to get reps with the first team:

Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 1:30 PM #369655
Not surprising. Spring was not even close to the talent he is. He's unlike any player seen at fau so far tbh.

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

Well he has 34 days to show it. I was under welmed.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 5:37 PM #369666

We probably all were but he has plenty of time to return to form/improve.

I'm also not putting it past this staff that Johnson's poor Spring game performance was intentional.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 5:37 PM #369666

We probably all were but he has plenty of time to return to form/improve.

I'm also not putting it past this staff that Johnson's poor Spring game performance was intentional.
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 6:10 PM #369667

The game "rules" favored the D hugely and especially hurt Johnson's game or skills. But we shall  see. I am pulling for him, and nothing against Driskel, but Johnson's skills make this O more dangerous and hard to contain.
Back to the top

The kid started every single game for high school starting in his freshman year, lost one game, was named Mr. Florida, and competed with Francois for the starting job... He is our starter.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

The kid started every single game for high school starting in his freshman year, lost one game, was named Mr. Florida, and competed with Francois for the starting job… He is our starter.
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 8:10 PM #369671

Somebody gets it!  

GO OWLS!
Back to the top