Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bad break for Lucky Whitehead

Add topic

Another 247 story about Johnson and FAU on the opening page.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

So what legal recourse does Lucky have vs, the Boys, the NFL and the Va. Sherriff's Dept.?Seems to me he should be able to be compensated very nicely by all 3! Oh, and where was the players Union through this????
Posted On: Jul 25th 2017, 1:55 PM #369556

He has no recourse against any of them but normal procedure for the police should have been to arrest him and take him in to verify his identity, not sure why that wasn't done but I would guess because they bigger problems to tackle.  get it…tackle

He should have been let go last year when he missed that Saturday practice because he was out partying, stupid.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Thanks for posting guys, that is all fair and I agree he may be "Lucky" to be let go know so hopefully another team who needs his talent picks him up.
I wonder about the Cowboys though as the way they have handled this (especially since the police admitted their mistake). They have basically disparaged his character which could hurt his chances rather than admit they too made a premature decision to release him based on the bad police information. And where the heck was the NFL Players Association during this????
Bottom line k=now though is best of luck to Lucky , get on with another team - treat it more seroiusly this time, stick and m=get ya a new contract!
Back to the top

What matters is what the Cowboys say when a team comes calling about him, was he a problem and we recommend you stay away or overall he's ok give him a shot.  Who knows.

I hope and think he'll get another shot mainly as a return man but this could be it for the NFL for him.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

The whole situation is suspect at best, it would seem that an NFL Team knows where their players are at all times for the most part. As others have noted, they appear to have used it as just an excuse to get rid of him.

Although things got a little dicey with the truancy he displayed twice.

He made just under 1M ($970K) in his two seasons in Dallas, so hopefully he has a good financial advisor and allocated/spent the earnings wisely so that he can simply enjoy life until the next opportunity comes along.

His agent Dave Rich had this to offer today in an interview with the NY Times:

“He’ll be fine. I’ve had three or four teams reach out to me already, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was picked up, especially with the way rosters are right now.”
Back to the top

Rick said

The whole situation is suspect at best, it would seem that an NFL Team knows where their players are at all times for the most part. As others have noted, they appear to have used it as just an excuse to get rid of him.

Although things got a little dicey with the truancy he displayed twice.

He made just under 1M ($970K) in his two seasons in Dallas, so hopefully he has a good financial advisor and allocated/spent the earnings wisely so that he can simply enjoy life until the next opportunity comes along.

His agent Dave Rich had this to offer today in an interview with the NY Times:

“He’ll be fine. I’ve had three or four teams reach out to me already, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was picked up, especially with the way rosters are right now.”
Posted On: Jul 25th 2017, 9:39 PM #369566

If the Cowboys would have said they cut him because of performance, I don't think anyone disputes it. But they wanted it to appear as if they had some moral compass and that they would not stand for off the field issues when they have so many much worse…now they just look like a bunch of idiots.  Someone will pick him up, but in the end, he has to perform or his career has run its course.  The average career is less than 3 years so the clock is ticking.
Back to the top

I know we all like Lucky and want nothing but the best for him, but his numbers are not great. Being cut is not that surprising.
Back to the top

With camp opening , why "cut him for performance" before camp. They are gonna owe him some money IMHO.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

With camp opening , why "cut him for performance" before camp. They are gonna owe him some money IMHO.

Posted On: Jul 26th 2017, 1:51 PM #369581
it’s the nfl they don’t owe him anything 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Jul 26th 2017, 1:51 PM #369581

It's my understanding he has had two 1 year contracts, le deben nada .  (sorry been watching Narcos on Netflix)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: