Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Navy Opening Line: THREE Touchdowns

FAU vs Navy Opening Line is…
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU vs Navy Opening Line is…

Posted On: Jul 26th 2017, 10:25 AM #369571

Looks like I'll be making some money as well as having some fun that Friday night.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

93% of r/CFB thinks that Navy will win. Can't say I don't blame then, we've fallen on our faces in our programs biggest games, but I would've thought some would be on the Lane Train by now.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

If he marches out a completely different defense than we saw last year, we have a shot…go check those MTSU game stats again. Navy runs the ball like a team missing a qb who has to resort to the wildcat, except they pitch it too. 
Back to the top

teambeer said

If he marches out a completely different defense than we saw last year, we have a shot…go check those MTSU game stats again. Navy runs the ball like a team missing a qb who has to resort to the wildcat, except they pitch it too. 
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 5:04 PM #369664

One word - ROC
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

teambeer said

One word - ROC
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 6:16 PM #369668

Exactly, why would this d resemble last year's d in any way.  

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

GeorgiaOwl said

teambeer said

One word - ROC
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 6:16 PM #369668

Exactly, why would this d resemble last year's d in any way.  

Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 7:53 PM #369670

It won't - THANK GOD!!!! Different schemes and different attitude than last year.

Last year even a bad O like UTEP scored a lot vs. us.

Or ODU and MTSU without true qb's! exploited our D - and that is putting it very nicely.
Back to the top

Ha ha, I could be the best coordinator in the world but if I rolled you out there to play DE Dusky we'd be screwed. 

Our personnel is the problem, particularly DL and LB. thankfully it seems as the Kiffen boys went shopping and we have some help but defending a trip option without the bodies won't be easy
Back to the top

A well oiled triple option WILL score points . It is the most productive O there is if you have the correct people running it. It is hard to stop. That being said, unlike the MTSU game, we need to make some stops and force some punts. AND we need to put points up. It will be a tough game. Being our first game under the new coaches, with probably a new QB, who knows what FAU will look like.
Back to the top

The good news is a quick AGGRESSIVE D line that disrupts plays IN THE BACKFIELD will help and I think we will b e that type. Ya don't need huge DL who can't keep up. Word is the new JUCO DE's ARE quick!

Navy does not have a Big OL, nevet-r has due to service restrictions or requirements. It will n[-be a o=interestoiing match-up and if we can force a few turnovers (triple option DOES do that too!) and kepep em in the low 30's we can win.

I know, a bunch of if's!  :Smug:
Back to the top
Control functions: