Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Inside the Burrow Podcast Poll!

Which position is FAU's biggest concern heading into the season?

D-line
O-line
WR
Everything but the running backs

We're going start doing (trying to, anyway) weekly polls and then discuss it on the show. This week's poll is…
Back to the top

I was going to start a thread regarding concerns for the DL this season so obviously everyone knows what i voted.  But anyways, the DL is really the only position group that concerns me this year.  If we are able to find just median success along the DL especially the DT positions I can see this team raising some eyebrows this season.  
Back to the top

Coaches are sure doing their best in recruiting to shore this team up! Surprises just this week so far, new Huge OL from SD St., another good size OL from Col. St., Big DT from Pitt, new safety from Syracuse and hopefully new 4* LB from FSU.

And they say the roster is still not done! No longer talking about zero and 2* talent with these Coaches, they are looking to upgrade, build depth AND WIN NOW!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Coaches are sure doing their best in recruiting to shore this team up! Surprises just this week so far, new Huge OL from SD St., another good size OL from Col. St., Big DT from Pitt, new safety from Syracuse and hopefully new 4* LB from FSU.

And they say the roster is still not done! No longer talking about zero and 2* talent with these Coaches, they are looking to upgrade, build depth AND WIN NOW!
Posted On: Jul 28th 2017, 7:58 PM #369634

Hey I love it.  As long as it's legit and we don't end up paying for it 2 years from now if you know what I mean.  
Back to the top

Nothing has struck me as out of the ordinary so far…Ole Miss landed the number 1 player in the nation (along with other 5* players) a few years back, they don't get those types of guys, not ones from Atlanta anyway. We haven't gotten anyone that there is otherwise no way (apart from a bag man) they would've come here. I'll get worried about that (who am I kidding I'd love it until we got shut down!) when we land a number of guys that are too big for us. Only one 5* recruit has ever gone to a G5 school and I think they all thought they'd be in the Big12 this year. 

I'm more impressed that we've gotten most of them qualified! And some of these kids are an upgrade but let's be real, the FSU kid was cut from what I have heard, he's not Ray Lewis. 
Back to the top

Well they can't "officially" cut them but they sure can bury 'em on a depth chart! Heard he showed up at FSU overweight and out of shape. Let's hope THAT experience eats at em and he gets back to what is shown on those films. Looks like a bigger Randell Johnson. And what do we seem to need most now - LB's!!!!
Back to the top

There certainly seems to be some truth in FAU becoming a Last Chance U beyond Johnson and Bonner with guys transferring from big programs that feel they're now "allowed" to come here because it's "respectable" since Lane Kiffin is coaching here.

And what's funny to me is in these situations these guys maybe come in and think they're "only" playing teams like Middle Tennessee or Western Kentucky in "lowly Conference USA" and then finding out those teams are giving them a rough time too.

It's not like we've had anybody here (that I can remember, anyway) who transferred from a bigger school and you could tell there's a clear separation in talent level where they were easily getting open, always scoring touchdowns, always getting sacks… to the point where people are saying, "this guy is really too good to be here at FAU" (or a similar school)
Back to the top

Frantz Joseph came here from Boston College and he was a super good transfer. Of the JUCOS, quite a few came in a did great jobs as starters instantly. But true FBS, very few. But then we mainly got from W. Michigan and maybe Minnesota when they sucked.

These guys are almost all better talent than that, both the JUCOS AND FBS transfers as the Coaches are AIMING HIGHER and by having better reputations and contacts are getting a bunch. I know there will,be some squacking over half a dozen and up to 10 losing their schollys but if these Coaches can replace the bottom 10 on our roster with a new groupin our top 20 so be it. Unless we like 3-9 or worse!
Back to the top

Scholarships renew by year. No one should expect to be automatically on the team. It sucks, but such is the nature of college football. If you get beat out, then that's how the cookie crumbles. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Agreed, and I do think EVERYONE at FAU (from the top on down to the students and alums) is tired of losing. It is so obvious that our talent and coaching have gotten SO FAR BEHIND WKU AND MTSU - not even competitive any more!
Back to the top
Control functions: