Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Inside the Burrow Podcast Poll!

Which position is FAU's biggest concern heading into the season?

D-line
O-line
WR
Everything but the running backs

GeorgiaOwl said

Looks like a bigger Randell Johnson.
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 11:08 AM #369643

One of my favorite FAU players of all time.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Anyways, I feel like I am becoming one of the few that's worried about the receiving core.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Anyways, I feel like I am becoming one of the few that's worried about the receiving core.
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 1:24 PM #369653

DeAndre McNeal is on campus now and supposedly looks good, everyone is raving about true-freshmen Willie Wright, still have Bussey, still have Whyte, still have Terry, still have Mitchell, and a few other newcomers.

But none of that matters because DJ14 is going to scramble for 30 yards every play.  :Big-Grin:

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Jack D Whidden III said

DeAndre McNeal is on campus now and supposedly looks good, everyone is raving about true-freshmen Willie Wright, still have Bussey, still have Whyte, still have Terry, still have Mitchell, and a few other newcomers.

But none of that matters because DJ14 is going to scramble for 30 yards every play.  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 1:28 PM #369654

According to the new roster, McNeal has been switched to TE. He has the size for it, but I feel like we could use more help at the receiver position. But it's still early, there's plenty of time for that to change.

I like Wright to be the next Lucky/Bussey, a good bubble screen guy from the slot.

Maybe I am overreacting, because we still have Pico and a few new guys, including STA's Jordan Merrell.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

NJOWL said

Jack D Whidden III said

According to the new roster, McNeal has been switched to TE. He has the size for it, but I feel like we could use more help at the receiver position. But it's still early, there's plenty of time for that to change.

I like Wright to be the next Lucky/Bussey, a good bubble screen guy from the slot.

Maybe I am overreacting, because we still have Pico and a few new guys, including STA's Jordan Merrell.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 1:36 PM #369656

Yeah I noticed that as well.  I thought we were pretty set at te.  Also a little confused because I've always understood that you need as many good wr options as possible for briles offense to reach full potential.  

On the subject of dropping some schollies from some players, I have no problems with it.  I remember seeing some of the redshirted players not suited up on the sidelines last year thinking man some of those guys had no business being on a D1 program anywhere.  There was also a few instances where I would leave the stadium after a game, walk to my car in silver lot and go to a restaurant on Glades.  There would already be 3 to 5 of the same above mentioned redshirt players already at a table eating as I walked in 15 to 20 mins after final horn blew. I would just think to myself how is that even possible. There was no way in hell those guys were even sticking around to hear what the coaches had to say after the games, so yeah guys like those getting dropped I have no problem whatsoever dropping.  
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

NJOWL said

Jack D Whidden III said

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 1:36 PM #369656

In this O the TE acts like a slot WR lots of times or is outside to block on WR screens. Would be nice to see a WR/TE put his man DOWN just not dance with DB and BOTH then be in the way basically!
Back to the top

Make sure to cast your vote today! We'll be recording the next show soon.
Back to the top
Control functions: